We have a career opportunity for a Planned Giving Officer who is responsible for designing, implementing and providing leadership to all aspects of United Way of King County’s estate, trust and planned gift program. This position sets and achieves annual goals for securing planned gift commitments. The Planned Giving Officer will grow United Way’s planned giving constituency through strategies designed to inform prospective and current donors about planned giving options, and create and execute a comprehensive planned giving stewardship and marketing plan.
- Leads United Way’s comprehensive planned giving strategy, supports development of colleagues and oversees a volunteer-led Planned Giving Committee
- Creates and leads an annual and focused planned giving acquisition campaign for the Major Gifts team, reporting on progress and goals.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards prospects for planned and outright gifts involving estate plans, securities or other personal property.
- Makes 100 to 120+ calls annually on prospective donors to solicit planned gifts and shares information on United Way’s planned giving program.
- Creates a pipeline of planned gift prospects by analyzing the existing contributor base and leads the development team in creating strategies to reach prospects, monitoring and celebrating progress towards confirmed commitments and goals.
- Identifies prospective major gift donors within Legacy membership and develops an appropriate strategy with United Way’s Major Gifts staff for cultivation and solicitation.
- Makes planned giving presentations to donor, prospect groups and professional organizations to inform constituents on various planned gift vehicles that will support United Way.
- Enlists Planned Giving Committee in identifying, cultivating and soliciting planned gifts, solicits advice and expertise of Committee members as needed
- Coordinates communication and activities for the Legacy Society regarding other planned giving presentations and educational events planned throughout the year.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of planned/deferred giving and stays abreast of best practices
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising techniques, consultative selling approach, gift cultivation/solicitation, volunteer management, project management and computer software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize activities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to analyze donor information, plan, set goals and objectives
- Excellent communication skills – listening, speaking and formal/informal business writing
- Strong diplomacy and collaboration skills to effectively work with donors and other departments within the organization.
- Demonstrated volunteer management experience at high levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with a diverse audience and exercise diplomacy and collaboration in dealing with donors and other departments within the organization.
- Proven customer service skills and discretion in handling information in a sensitive and confidential manner
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, specializing in Non-Profit Fundraising, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
Must have five years’ experience in fundraising and proven solicitation experience of gifts of $10,000 and higher. Dedicated work in the areas of planned giving, estate planning, and trusts, highly desirable. Experience closing multi-year gifts is a plus.
The annual recruitment range is $ 66,500 to $ 69,500, depending on successful experience. The position is open until filled - don’t hesitate, please apply at http://www.uwkc.org/about/careers
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
Exciting and challenging work
Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful experience and performance
Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.