Position: Philanthropy Associate Administrative Assistant
Department: Resource Development
Supervisor: Kristen Quirk, Director, Philanthropy and Donor Engagement
Position Status: Full-Time (37.5 hrs per week)/Hourly/NonExempt
Pay rate: $20 - $23 / Hour
Philanthropy Associate Administrative Assistant Position Description
This entry level position is a unique opportunity for the qualified candidate to be immersed in the multi-faceted fundraising operation at United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley. This individual will be exposed to a broad range of tasks that allow learning nonprofit best practices from the ground up and growing with the expanding Philanthropy and Donor Engagement team. The Philanthropy Associate position will provide support for the team focusing on stewardship and data touchpoints for the Tocqueville Society membership (annual gifts of $10,000 or more) including, but not limited to:
· Learn, analyze, and manage a dashboard of performance indicators through a shared CRM system
· Populate and edit biographical information to prepare/update the Philanthropy Team for prospective and current Tocqueville member meetings
· Manage the notification and mailing process for gifts made in honor/memory of individuals
· Coordinate with the Manager, Donor Engagement to implement the following stewardship practices: Printing and mailing of weekly Tocqueville acknowledgement letters, Processing timely updates of outside agency contact information, Assist with donor/agency payout notifications
· Oversee the annual holiday and birthday card preparation and mailing
· Provide limited administrative support to Women United affinity group including membership tracking and analytics, meeting material coordination/distribution, and taking meeting minutes
Work Experience and/or Education for Philanthropy Associate Administrative Assistant
Minimum 1 year of work experience (paid or unpaid) in a range of ANY of the following in the non-profit sector: administrative support, donor stewardship, fundraising, direct appeals; a related Bachelor’s degree considered in lieu of work experience.
Skills for Philanthropy Associate Administrative Assistant
· High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (sorting, functions, formulas, and pivot tables) and Word (mail merge)
· Familiarity with database software and customer service / donor management software (Salesforce CRM a plus)
· Established professional written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
In addition to the base pay and annual merit increases this position is eligible for our org-wide performance based annual bonus package which is typically 1%-3% of base pay. The benefits package includes subsidized medical and dental insurance, fully paid life and ltd insurance, an employee funded vision insurance option, a 401k retirement plan with employer contributions and a generous paid leave policy.
Remote Work and Pandemic Conditions
This position is based in our office in Allentown, PA for at least 70% of the schedule. After an introductory period and if the work allows, this position may choose to work remotely for up to 30% of the schedule. During periods where public health officials are recommending telework to reduce the spread of infectious disease this position can be done nearly 100% remotely.