United Way of El Paso County is committed to improving the lives and futures of all people in the community. We bring together expertise, funding and volunteer support to positively impact education, health, basic needs, and financial stability. In partnership with others, we work to eliminate inequities experienced by diverse populations so that all people have a safe, healthy home environment, achieve their educational potential, and increase their financial stability. We commit to building bridges across cultural, racial, religious, and economic boundaries.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS
The Philanthropy & Engagement Manager supports the mission of United Way of El Paso County (UWEPC) by developing strategies to grow and enhance donor networks; leading philanthropy for new major donor and corporate investment giving efforts; and providing support for community partnerships and corporate engagement opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Donor Networks – 50%
- Manage and lead donor networks, Tocqueville, Leadership, United Way Young Leaders Society, and RISE:
- Establish and maintain staff support at all levels of leadership involvement (Advisory Board, Planning Committee(s), etc.).
- Provide staff leadership and/or support for year-round engagement and activity plan:
- Speaker series,
- Volunteer projects,
- Leadership development,
- Networking events.
- Collaborate with Directors of Philanthropy and Marketing to develop, coordinate, and execute comprehensive social media and digital marketing/outreach efforts i.e. Websites, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram.
- Research and develop new donor networks to engage targeted communities.
- Develop strategies to expand donor networks group donor base and create campaigns around engaging more members at the corporate level.
- Track and update donor networks group membership through donor management software.
- Timely entry of member information into the data management system.
- Cross-department coordination to ensure accuracy of network lists and updated contact information.
- Plan annual leadership giving appreciation event, including:
- Book event venue;
- Order and manage catering;
- Assist with invitations and RSVP’s;
- Manage a detailed budget for the event.
- Plan and execute all conferences, seminars, and trainings in partnership with local steering committee and UWEPC staff:
- Solicit key partners and sponsors;
- Recruit and manage speakers and panelists;
- Oversee participant registration;
- Manage a detailed budget for purchasing materials and contracting vendors.
- Ensure integration of donor network activities with all UWEPC departments and programs as well as maintaining direct ties to UWEPC mission and strategy.
- Collect, organize, and report data related to donor community engagement and volunteerism including Global Results Framework common indicators.
- Plan and execute volunteer, donor and sponsor recognition and “thank you” efforts.
Volunteerism – 25%
- Maintain and update the VolunteerElPaso.org software with internal and external volunteer opportunities. Support local non-profit organizations’ use of the software.
- Maintain consistent communication with UWEPC funded agencies and track available volunteer opportunities for corporate donors.
- Oversee and coordinate corporate engagement efforts to foster relationships and encourage active donors.
- Plan and execute volunteer events and donation drives as requested by corporate donors.
- Assist with recruiting corporate volunteers for United Way’s annual Day of Caring, Day of Action, and other volunteer events.
- Work effectively with other teams at United Way to provide appropriate support and value to partners. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
Philanthropy – 25%
- Support Director of Philanthropy’s recruitment of new donors.
- Gather and analyze donor data and metrics related to engagement to determine the best methods of outreach as well as areas of impact of most interest for current and potential donors. Utilize findings to customize and tailor messaging and engagement opportunities.
- Conduct presentations to employees, key executives, and other special interest groups.
- Assist with annual Appreciation Luncheon including soliciting table sales from corporate donors, ensuring corporate donors are appropriately acknowledged and coordinating thank-you’ s and appreciation gifts.
Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to public relations, communications, marketing, or social services, plus five years of volunteer or work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of the non-profit sector is a plus.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Experience or the ability to quickly learn and use a variety of other software platforms (e.g. Salesforce Upic, Asana)
Experience in event planning is a plus.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel); Intermediate knowledge of social media and website management platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Wix; and Intermediate knowledge of virtual meeting platforms i.e. Zoom, GoToMeeting, Facebook Live, Microsoft Teams.
Valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
Experience working in collaborative environments and cross functionally to achieve goals.
Strong project and time management, process improvement, or other applicable experience.
Strong analytical skills using data to support decisions.
Problem-solver and self-starter who initiates solutions; collaborates and negotiates effectively with team members, partners, and stakeholders. Strong ability to distill and communicate complex issues and concepts to others.
Personal attributes of honesty, integrity, professional behavior, tact, sense of urgency, and sense of humor.
Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation.
Articulates and inspires commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
Ensures the delivery of exceptional service and value to the communities we serve.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
This is a full time non-exempt position with competitive Benefits (Health, Dental, Life Insurance and Retirement Contributions).