Our Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources, and ideas.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is a fundamental part of our mission and a focus throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
• Innovative - We are fearless, imaginative trail blazers.
• Teamwork - We work together to accomplish our goals and help each
• Mission Focused - We are passionate about our community’s
wellbeing and creating lasting change.
• Excellence - We set clear, high expectations for ourselves and our work. • Integrity - We are honest and transparent and act ethically to create
About the role:
The Director of People and Culture will be deeply committed to United Way’s purpose to create a community of opportunity and hope. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on people leader who is strategic and visionary. The role will have direct involvement in various People and Culture functions, including recruitment, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, retention, internal communications, and career development. United Way team members are committed to a culture of purpose and fun where we live our values internally and externally.
How the People and Culture Manager will make an impact:
• Partner with the organization’s leadership team to understand and
execute the human resources and talent strategy, as it relates to
current and future talent needs including: hiring, onboarding,
retention, and succession planning.
• Oversee the development of strategy and the adoption of practices
improve staff engagement and organizational culture.
• Assist with the organization's Diversity, Belonging, Inclusion, and
strategic planning, providing guidance on special initiatives and
• Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws
and regulations; review policies and best practices to maintain
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes,
and innovative technologies in human resources, talent
• Ensure HR processes and practices are in place to mitigate risk for
• Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local,
state, and federal regulations.
• Supervise the HR Coordinator.
• Advise leadership, staff managers, and/or employees on complex
human resource issues.
• Investigate employee issues and conflicts, bringing them to resolution.
• Provide guidance and support for employee disciplinary meetings,
investigations, and terminations.
• Create and maintain an up-to-date compensation strategy for all
employees based on market research and pay surveys.
• Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose
competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the
organization attracts and retains top talent.
• Manage all employee benefit programs such as health insurance,
disability, wellness, retirement plans, EAP, along with FMLA and other
leaves of absence.
• Provide HR metrics, data analysis, reports, and interpretation. Ensure
data integrity and maximum functionality of HRIS.
• Develop, implement, and administer HR policies, procedures, employee
manuals, and forms.
• Design and maintain performance management processes to help
ensure employees understand their job responsibilities and excel
• Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide
internal development opportunities for employees.
• Partner with the leadership team to organize and host all staff
meetings and all-staff retreats.
• Organize, coordinate, and direct special project development and
What is needed to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or
related field required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressive leadership experience with
a minimum of 3 years of which are of Human Resource Management
• Extensive knowledge of computer applications related to the analysis
of HR data, including spreadsheets, databases, and word processing,
PayChex experience a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of Human Resources practices, including
Employment, EEO/AA, Labor Relations, Benefits and Safety, and their
relationship to business strategy.
• Thorough knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of program
areas related to administrative services, including goal setting, program
and development, and
• A level of leadership that elevates the influence, reputation, and value
of United Way of Northeast Florida.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to successfully establish and maintain professional
relationships and work effectively with all levels of management and
• Experience with non-profit organizations is a plus.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to sit, talk, and/or hear.
Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a
keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include long hours viewing a computer screen. The employee may
occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal
What we offer:
Competitive Salary – Salary commensurate with education and
experience based on current market
Health Insurance – generous zero to low-cost Medical, Dental, and
Vision for employees and dependents
401(k) Matching – Generous matching up to 6% of annual pay
Holidays – 11 paid holidays, two personal holidays, and four year-end
Vacation – Two weeks paid vacation
Flexible Schedule – Hybrid working environment with the ability to
modify as needed
Vibrant Work Environment – office space in The Jessie in downtown
Jacksonville, a nonprofit and community gathering space in a
sustainable, state-of-the-art facility with free monthly parking
Leadership – Lead United Way’s people and culture strategy into a
Purpose – Help United Way transform NEFL into a community of
opportunity and hope for ALL people
Employee Assistance Program
A fun, challenging, and inclusive culture