We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community, and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
Administer bi-weekly payroll for a staff of approximately 90 full-time and part-time employees, as well as approximately 20 seasonal employees. Manage accounting, enrollment, and employee communications for all benefits.
Accurately and efficiently process the bi-weekly payroll, through the Paylocity Payroll System, for a staff of approximately 90 full-time and part-time employees, as well as approximately 20 seasonal employees.
1. Make changes in payroll based on new hires, terminations, and salary changes, including but not limited to division/department assignment, grants charged for grant-funded positions, benefit deductions, and all other deductions, both those offered to and elected by the employee (i.e. MBTA pass program, UW pledges, etc.) and those mandated by the state or federal government (i.e., taxes, garnishments, etc.).
2. Administer the tracking and reporting of vacation and sick time accrual to provide accurate reporting of accrued/used balances on employee checks each pay period.
3. Review and process the automated timesheet process on the Paylocity system each pay period, and communicate with the managers and/or Human Resources regarding questions, etc.
4. Verify the accuracy of payroll when it is received and prior to distribution to employees.
5. Provide guidance and assistance to employees when using the Paylocity payroll software and refer them to Paylocity resources as appropriate.
6. Under the direction of the Controller, prepare Federal and State taxes after each pay period; review W-2's at year-end; prepare audit work papers for year-end payroll audit; prepare and maintain journal entries each pay period to post withholding and salary expenses to General Ledger.
7. Work with Budget Director to create and manage an annual budget. Investigate and help explain variances in the payroll budget.
8. Maintain accurate and secure records and employee payroll files to provide timely and accurate reporting of payroll history and current information.
9. Reconciliation of Federal and State taxes; reconciliation of quarterly and year-end statements; reconciliation of W-2's; verification of W-4's; reconciliation of payroll withholding accounts to the General Ledger; reconciliation and posting of payroll journal entries to the General Ledger; reconciliation of payroll bank account; reconciliation and payment of benefit invoices; maintenance of payroll.
10. Work with the organization's administrator of its unemployment insurance to provide information on terminated employees submitting claims to DET. Produce reports, filings, etc. requiring payroll information.
Manage payment, accounting, enrollment, and communications for all benefits.
1. Manage Employee Benefits Program and communicate benefit offerings to staff via trainings, new employee orientations, brown bag lunches, etc.
2. Administer 401K Plan; maintenance of all 401K records; payment of 401K contributions, employer matching, and employer core amounts. Prepare and transmit the bi-weekly 401K contribution report in a timely manner.
3. Manage and maintain employee leaves through the Paylocity payroll system and administrator of MAPMFL leaves through the State system.
4. Reconcile, code for accounting, and submit for payment all benefits invoices; automate the process of invoice reconciliation and maintain accurate records of processing. Provide an accurate report of benefits, elected by each employee, to Human Resources on a regular basis.
5. Maintain Covid vaccine-related information in confidential files
Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate to the position.
1. Currently, such duties include preparation of information for completion of Form 990 and for the Workers' Compensation Audit and documentation of payroll information.
2. Manage the employee anniversary milestone program.
- Associates or a bachelor's degree; comparable experience considered.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' payroll experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated skill and strong working knowledge of automated payroll and Report Writing software required. Paylocity software experience preferred.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment (Excel, Word for Windows) is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of grant management and allocations desired.
- Knowledge of employment law as it applies to the administration of payroll, benefits, leaves, etc., preferred.
- Proven skill in problem-solving and detail organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and administer multiple tasks.
- Commitment to excellence and the confidentiality required in the payroll function.
- All employees are required to either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or be subject to COVID-19 testing. In the future, it is likely that vaccinations will be required due to federal mandate.
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.