ABOUT OUR UNITED WAY
Located on the Georgia/South Carolina border, the city Augusta is the center point of the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA), a 12-county region that includes both Georgia and South Carolina. Augusta borders the majestic Savannah River, which supports the community’s diverse economic endeavors well as its vast recreation options. In addition Augusta:
- Is home to The Masters Tournament, the “Super Bowl of Golf” each year since 1934.
- Has become recognized as one of the top cities in the world for Cyber Security.
- Was just recognized as the South’s top honor as the best “Mid-Market of the Year” in 2017.
- Is a short 2 to 3 hour car trip to metro cities of Atlanta and Charlotte, the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, and the beaches of Charleston and Savannah.
UNITED WAY OF THE CENTRAL SAVANNAH RIVER AREA
JOB TITLE: Partnerships Manager
POSITION CODE: 213
DIVISION: Resource Development Department
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Resource Development
CUSTOMER: Donors, Potential Donors, United Way Staff, Board of Directors, Committee Members, Agency Partners, Recipients, and Community at large.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Partnerships Manager will build and strengthen relationships focusing primarily on developing new workplace campaigns and corporate contributions locally and in outlying counties in United Way of the Central Savannah River Area (UWCSRA)’s service area. This position will build and grow relationships with decision-makers and C-Suite leaders, demonstrating initiative and development expertise as part of the UWCSRA team. This position will also develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive plan to build strategic year-round relationships that align with the mission, vision and values of UWCSRA and generate resources for our community. In addition, this position will be responsible for articulating the value of individual and corporate investments to United Way. This role will be responsible for the re-engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all donors within their portfolio including leadership donors and prospects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, cultivate, and engage new prospects (corporate and individuals).
- Strategize with supervisor, peers, staff, and/or volunteers to develop strong year-round engagement strategies based on targeted research and corporate social responsibility (CSR) focus at each company
- Fulfill Community Engagement component of United Way mission by participating in Chamber of Commerce and other community networking opportunities.
- Develop and implement additional strategies to increase dollars available for investment in community impact areas from assigned individuals/industries and accounts.
- Manage account portfolio focused on raising resources and exceeding goals
- Work closely with key volunteers and executives within accounts to plan & implement workplace campaigns and implement year-round engagement strategies in portfolio
- Research company and leadership for knowledge of history and culture
- Prepare clear and concise objectives and materials for each company/donor visit
- Initiate and cultivate relationships for decision-makers and C-Suite leaders
- Engage companies year round through creation and implementation of specific strategies that align with company corporate social responsibility
- Create a donor engagement strategy targeted at returning, new, lapsing, and lapsed companies
- Personally engage with leadership level donors to increase their participation and retention
- Solicit and secure corporate gifts from lapsed and new company campaigns
Data and Reporting
- Update campaign and individual donor information in campaign software including, but not limited to, corporate contact(s), employee count, UWCSRA engagement, company results processing information, engagement practices, campaign start/end dates
- Work closely with Resource Development & Finance team to ensure results are reflected accurately.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating, soliciting and securing gifts
- Proven ability to create and execute successful plans
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-function team
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Superb written, presentation, persuasion and listening skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and effective follow-through to meet deadlines
- Sound judgement, discretion and commitment to maintaining donor confidentiality
- Commitment to excellence, accountability, transparency, and UWCSRA’s mission
- Relationship oriented and results driven
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to create meaningful relationships with all team members and individuals outside the organization
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and flexibility
- Ability to manage ambiguity and change
- Ability to analyze numbers for discovery and planning purposes
- Ability to keep CRM records up to date
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Use of personal vehicle required
- 5+ years fundraising or sales experience with excellent communication skills
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Volunteer management and/or grant writing experience a plus
Salary Range - $44,000 - $50,000
- Employee pays $40/pay period for single coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks accrued PTO annually
- United Way pays 10% of salary into a retirement plan – eligible in January if requirements are met
- $30 monthly remote supplement