United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is one of more than 1,100 autonomous United Ways in our nation and nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories. We have the unique ability, vision and resources to bring together diverse stakeholders around a community vision of creating positive change to achieve long-lasting results for children and families. Our Workplace Giving team helps to raise awareness of United Way’s work and the impact can all make together for local children and families.
To engage and bring together people and resources committed to the well-being of children and families in our community.
A community where opportunities are available for every child to succeed in school and for every family to achieve financial security.
In pursuing our mission, the following principles guide our relationships with stakeholders, including our donors, volunteers, partners, employees and the communities we serve: a belief that respect, equity, diversity and inclusiveness make us stronger; engaging others with professionalism and quality support; seeking creative and sustainable solutions to pressing social challenges; maintaining the highest standards of personal and organizational honesty in order to ensure stewardship of donors’ dollars; being proactive and responsive through consistent communication; and, delivery of high-quality services and effective measurement of results to ensure efficiency and innovation.
Join Our Team! Career Opportunity
We are searching for a Sales/Development Manager who is a leader in relationship management, fundraising, and enthusiastic about our mission to be part of our United Way team located in Hartford.
As the Sales/Development Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue with assigned workplace accounts and donors. This position is part of a team responsible for raising the resources needed to support United Way’s priorities for changing community conditions.
- Responsible for establishing and achieving annual fundraising goals for assigned accounts, including strategies to increase donor participation, leadership giving and financial support to the annual United Way Community Campaign.
- Develops and implements year round engagement strategies with assigned workplace accounts to retain current and attract new donors in order to raise more revenue and increase donations directed to United Way’s Community Investment to support priority areas.
- Sets reasonable, responsible and achievable goals for assigned workplace accounts.
- Assists Director of Development in yearly department wide goal setting based on collaboration with Finance and United Way Leadership teams.
- Strategically secures funds outside of annual workplace campaign, including corporate sponsorships, corporate grants, special events and employee engagement projects to community initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments to meet annual revenue and engagement goals.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of account data input within the organization’s CRM system, including timely and accurate processing of donations.
- Maintains current understanding of community goals and initiatives, focus areas, successes and overall results to effectively communicate to donors and at community events
- Attends internal and external meetings and community events as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fundraising or sales required with demonstrated success.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Relationship management experience required.
- Strong leadership with an aptitude for resourcefulness required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Experience with donor CRM systems, donation processing and grant writing are a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements, and 3) how they learned about the position to:
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT
30 Laurel Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.