United Way of Frederick County mobilizes the caring power of our whole community to improve lives.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/POSITION SUMMARY
The VITA Program Manager is responsible for overseeing, managing and training all volunteers for the VITA program. They will keep current on tax law and Prosperity Center financial stability services and insure that volunteers are informed of both. They will recommend and implement creative solutions to enhance and administer the program with efficiency.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Oversee, manage, and train volunteers.
- Ensure quality, accuracy, security and compliance of tax returns.
- Manage successful coordination of tax preparation sites and volunteers.
- Keep informed of changes in tax law and convey changes to volunteers.
- Inform and encourage clients to utilize Prosperity Center financial services.
- Establish the appointment schedule for each site and continue to update and monitor.
- Assist in obtaining volunteers and marketing the VITA program.
- Establish and monitor the VITA budget.
- Obtain a successful post-tax season audit.
Be a strong ambassador for the VITA program and United Way
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- Tax or project management experience.
- Volunteer management or extensive volunteer experience.
- Ability to pass IRS Advance level tax preparer open-book test.
- Supervision/Management/Leadership experience.
- Ability to organize work load and work effectively and produce measurable results with minimal supervision.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Applicants should email interest letter and resume to Joyce Kwamena-Poh, email@example.com with VITA Program Manager in the Subject ine. Application deadline August 26, 2022. EOE.