SUMMARY OF REQUEST
United Way Fresno and Madera Counties (UWFM), a 501(c) (3) nonprofit public benefit corporation is seeking proposals from seasoned practitioners to provide marketing and writing services as outlined below. The contract will be for the entire 2019-20 fiscal year, with the mutually agreeable option to extend it on a year by year basis. The maximum amount for this contract is $50,000 for approximately 25 hours per week. Given the nature of this work, the selected consultant will need to regularly be in the office to gather information from the internal United Way team.
To be considered, a proposal must be received on or before 5 PM – September 15, 2019, to the following e-mail: email@example.com Attn: Ani Eliason
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of United Way Fresno and Madera Counties is to mobilize community resources to help working families thrive. We raise funds through workplace giving campaigns, implement comprehensive services via 2-1-1, Free Tax Prep, The Yield, and conduct outreach and education in the community.
SCOPE OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED
The Marketing Specialist will bring strong writing, social media, design, and communication skills to supplement the work of the current United Way staff and other contracted United Way marketing firms. This role requires constant communication and interaction with the internal United Way team. Work is focused on three interdependent areas: 1) United Way overall brand; 2) Resource Development, especially workplace giving campaigns; and 3) Programmatic outreach and education, including free tax prep, Cal EITC, 2-1-1, CalSavers, and others.
- Create original content that is compelling and easy to read for United Way target audiences in multiple channels.
- Develop and maintain a story bank from staff and other sources that advance United Way’s organizational narrative and value proposition.
- Develop all content for the organization’s annual report, website, and other marketing vehicles as required.
- Provide copywriting and editing support for internal projects, including fundraising, product development, special events, and others as required.
- Develop, own and maintain copywriting style guide and rules that can be applied to multiple formats across marketing channels for brand management.
- Spearhead all United Way social media and digital content, including the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud content.
- Advise United Way staff, consultants, and Board Members on strategies and innovations for improving and advancing the United Way brand.
- Develop messaging that is on strategy and that is clear, concise and engaging.
- Proofread all marketing, advertising and editorial content to ensure accurate use of grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and brand all while adhering to the style guidelines
The following must be received by the proposal due date:
- Cover Page – The title page shall show the proposal subject, the firm’s or individual’s name, address and contact information.
- Cover Letter – The cover letter should briefly state an understanding of the work to be performed, commitment to perform the work and statements as to why the firm or individual believes they are qualified to perform the work.
- Qualifications and Related Experience ‐ Sufficient information should be provided regarding qualifications of the firm or individual to meet the needs of United Way.
- Writing Samples- Include samples of your three best pieces of work.
- Client References - Please provide references’ full contact information.
- Personnel Qualifications – Provide sufficient information and related experience in relation to the scope of work.
- Additional Information ‐ Interested parties are encouraged to provide any additional information not otherwise requested that may aid United Way in awarding this professional service contract.
- Rate/Hourly Rates ‐ Provide anticipated monthly and/or hourly rate for this scope of work. Also, confirm that such an hourly rate will apply if additional services are requested outside the scope of this proposal.
The below factors will be used when evaluating the proposals. The factors are not listed in order of importance.
- Responsiveness to Request for Proposal specifications
- Demonstrated capability to perform the type of work requested
- Qualifications of firm and/or individuals
- Client References