SUMMARY OF REQUEST
United Way Fresno and Madera Counties (UWFM), a 501(c) (3) nonprofit public benefit corporation is seeking proposals from seasoned practitioners to provide accounting services as outlined below beginning October 1, 2019. The contract will be for a one-year period with the mutually agreeable option to extend it on a year by year basis.
To be considered, a proposal must be received on or before 5 PM– September 30, 2019, to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Ani Eliason
Questions can be directed to email@example.com
The mission of United Way Fresno and Madera Counties is to mobilize community resources to help working families thrive. We raise funds through workplace giving campaigns, implement comprehensive services via 2-1-1, free tax assistance, and The Yield, and connect community-based organizations with a variety of resources. Staff includes 15 full-time staff 8 exempt employees and 3 non-exempt.
Currently, the Director of Administration is responsible for Human Resources and Talent Management. This contractor provides additional support. The Director of Administration responsibilities include:
- Oversee an organization’s recruitment, interview, selection, and hiring processes
- Plan employee benefit, payroll, health and safety programs
- Initiate and supervise the implementation and advancement of human resource processes
- Follow and ensure adherence to relevant internal and legal procedures
- Oversee and check the update of employee records
SCOPE OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED
Human Resource Consultant services that will be required from the contractor include:
- Develop and update internal human resources policies.
- Ensure compliance with regulations.
- Advise Director of Administration and CEO in matters related to employee relations.
- Deal with grievances and issues requiring disciplinary action when required.
- Conduct staff assessments.
- Design training programs.
- Advise on the development and implementation of performance review systems, wellness policies, training programs, and other
The following must be received by the proposal due date:
- Cover Page – The title page shall show the proposal subject, the firm’s or individual’s name, address, contact name, and federal identification number.
- Cover Letter – The cover letter should briefly state an understanding of the work to be performed, commitment to perform the work and statements as to why the firm or individual believes they are qualified to perform the work.
- Firm’s or Individual’s Qualifications and Related Experience ‐ Sufficient information should be provided regarding the qualifications of the firm or individual to meet the needs of United Way.
- Client References - Provide a listing of at least 3 current non-profit clients for which you or your firm is providing accounting services. Please provide references’ full contact information.
- Personnel Qualifications – Provide sufficient information and related experience of personnel who will perform services. Include a resume of the person directly responsible for this contract and other professionals directly involved.
- Additional Information ‐ Interested firms are encouraged to provide any additional information not otherwise requested that may aid United Way in awarding this professional service contract.
- Rate/Hourly Rates ‐ Provide anticipated monthly and/or hourly rate for this scope of work. Also, confirm that such an hourly rate will apply if additional services are requested outside the scope of this proposal.
The below factors will be used when evaluating the proposals. The factors are not listed in order of importance.
- Responsiveness to Request for Proposal specifications
- Hourly rates.
- Qualifications of firm and/or individuals
- Client References
- Demonstrated capability to perform the type of work requested
During the evaluation process, United Way reserves the rights to request additional information or clarifications from proposers and the right to reject any or all proposals. There is no expressed or implied obligation for United Way to reimburse responding firms for any expenses incurred in preparing proposals in response to this request.