United Way of Salt Lake’s (UWSL) mission is to build powerful partnerships that achieve lasting social change. We implement data-driven, equitable practices to eliminate barriers to success, and create opportunities and solutions that assist people to achieve their goals, dreams, and human potential. Our workplace is fast-paced, progressive, innovative, friendly, and adaptive; our core values are: Relationships, Results, Equity Mindset, and Continuous Improvement. At UWSL we believe in celebrating success, learning from failure, and setting ambitious goals. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
The 211 Outreach & Programs Director brings visibility and awareness to Utah 211 through a coordinated system of partnerships and internal collaboration. By advancing strategic partnerships, the 211 Outreach & Programs Director will focus on connecting professionals from human, health, government, and other sectors to Utah 211. The Outreach & Programs Director leads all statewide outreach efforts and focuses on managing relationships with many of the Utah health, government, and community service providers. They are the point of contact for external partners on new projects, are present at Promise Partnership community school meetings and gathering places for community members. They seek out opportunities and partnerships with access to best train providers, partners, local coalitions, and workgroups on how to utilize Utah 211. The Partnerships Director also represents 211 in various school-based and regional partnerships that UWSL facilitates and may co-facilitate one of more of these collective impact partnerships with other UWSL staff. As a member of the 211-leadership team, they work to operationalize our core values: continuous improvement, equity, innovation, results, and relationships.
- Coordinate, and project manage, all outreach, partnerships, and relationships efforts with a focus on affecting measurable results and strengthening strategic partnerships. Work with partners/partnerships to quantify the target population, desired outcomes, measurable indicators of success, and tactics or projects to achieve the goals. Lead and support partners to identify and study impact of efforts and indicators of success and adjust as needed.
- Strategically coordinate with a portfolio of program partners to set goals, design workflows and interventions to achieve them, and use/create data (e.g. on referral outcomes) tracking to meet these goals. Act as the point person for one of more partners.
- Collaborate annually in the creation and execution of a comprehensive statewide outreach plan. Support a team of partnership coordinators. Co-plan meetings, outreach events, and outreach strategies with team members. Attend presentations and act in a co-facilitator role; lead process meeting outcomes and group dynamics with team members; and work to clarify complex processes and to develop among team members the behaviors and skills essential to improving 211’s core metrics.
- Work with Managing Director and other statewide outreach personnel and the UWSL marketing team to create an annual communications plan and execute on it.
- Represent Utah 211 in school-based and regional collective impact partnerships. Participate in coalitions, meetings, conferences, events, and community relations activities to provide knowledge of and access to Utah 211.
- Collaborate across departments to define, prospect, apply, manage, and submit reports to deepen donor relationships and expand grant funded opportunities.
- With support of the 211 Managing Director, 211 Senior Director, and 211 leadership team, write program narratives and be accountable for the quarterly reports from grantors.
- Execute a quarterly report to share with Utah 211’s Steering Council.
- Consult with 211 leadership to create and send the 211 Newsletter.
- Participate in non-partisan public policy related activities to benefit the coordination of services that support Utahn’s access to 211 resources.
- Contribute to, and support the cultivation of a positive, results and team-oriented environment that produces superior results.
- Support operations team as needed for emergency management or high call volume events.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. $54,800 - $65, 000. Wage commensurate with experience.
- Believes that disparities in housing, education, income and other outcomes can be addressed via partnerships, collaboration and bold action. Is passionate about identifying and addressing root causes and about collecting, disaggregating, and using data and community voice to make decisions.
- Holds a personal commitment to diversity, racial equity and inclusion and experience integrating anti-racism practices into programs, processes or strategy.
- Ability, skill, and understanding of project management.
- Understands facets of the Outreach & Programs Director position, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different situations and dynamic effectively. Applies personal and professional experience, abilities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates integrity, accountability, and efficient stewardship of UWSL resources
- Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows-up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Skilled at monitoring status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Works to establish and articulate vision, shows creativity when defining solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human services field OR equivalent related, transferrable experience
- Minimum 1 years of experience in business relationship building and relationship management
- Minimum 2 years of comprehensive project management experience
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, learn information and systems, prepare, and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to regularly travel to offsite locations to set-up presentations and displays physical and electronic forms. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50lbs.