United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The 211 Outreach Director brings visibility and awareness to Utah 211 through a coordinated system of partnerships and internal collaboration. By advancing strategic partnerships, the 211 Outreach Director will focus on connecting professionals from human, health, government, and other sectors to Utah 211. The Outreach Director leads all statewide outreach efforts and focuses on managing relationships with many of the Utah health, government, and community service providers. They are the point of contact for external partners on new projects, are present at Promise Partnership community school meetings and gathering places for community members. The seek out opportunities and partnerships with access to best train providers, partners, local coalitions, and workgroups on how to utilize Utah 211. As a member of the 211-leadership team, they work to operationalize our core values: continuous improvement, equity, results, and relationships.
- Coordinate outreach, partnership, and relationship efforts to focus on measurable results and improving strategic outcomes.
- Lead and support partners to identify and study impact of efforts and indicators of success.
- Co-design meetings, outreach events, and outreach strategies with team members.
- Serve as meeting facilitator; lead process and manage group dynamics; clarify meeting outcomes to shared, actionable commitments.
- Collaborate annually in the creation and execution of a comprehensive outreach plan.
- Represent Utah 211 in school-based and regional collective impact partnerships. Participate in coalitions, meetings, conferences, events, and community relations activities to provide knowledge of and access to Utah 211.
- Coordinate with a portfolio of community resources to partner and use data to set goals, design workflows and interventions to provide Utahns access to Utah 211.
- Collaborate across departments to define, prospect, apply, manage, and submit reports to deepen donor relationships and expand grant funded opportunities.
- Participate in non-partisan public policy related activities to benefit the coordination of services that support Utahn’s access to 211 resources.
- Contribute to, and support the cultivation of a positive, results and team-oriented environment.
- Support operations team as needed for emergency management or high call volume events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Believes that disparities in housing, education, income and other outcomes can be addressed via partnerships, collaboration and bold action. Is passionate about identifying and addressing root causes and about collecting, disaggregating, and using data and community voice to make decisions.
- Holds a personal commitment to diversity, racial equity and inclusion and experience integrating anti-racism practices into programs, processes or strategy.
- Understands facets of the Outreach Director position, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different situations and dynamic effectively. Applies personal and professional experience, abilities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates integrity, accountability, and efficient stewardship of UWSL resource
- Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows-up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Skilled at monitoring status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Works to establish and articulate vision, shows creativity when defining solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human services field OR equivalent related, transferrable experience
- Minimum 1 years of experience in business relationship building and relationship management
- Minimum 2 years of comprehensive project management experience
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, learn information and systems, prepare, and analyze data and figures, constantly operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to regularly travel to offsite locations to set-up presentations and displays physical and electronic forms. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50lbs.
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits, salary range to commensurate with experience.