The Outreach and Education Coordinator (Coordinator) is responsible for day-to-day planning and implementation of outreach, education, and assisting clients with completion of applications. The Coordinator is also responsible for recordkeeping and monthly reporting. This position requires an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills. This position also oversees the 2-1-1 iCarol database functionality and maintenance by ensuring resources are entered in a timely and correct manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate and execute all United Way education and outreach efforts in Fresno and Madera Counties, including but not limited to Help Me Grow, 2-1-1, Covered California, Free Tax Prep, Earned Income Tax Credit, and Emergency Preparedness.
- Provide excellent customer service for clients completing applications for Covered California and other services and programs.
- Oversee the 2-1-1 iCarol database functionality and maintenance by ensuring resources are entered in a timely and correct manner.
- Assist with the Free Tax Prep program.
- Assist with the coordination of United Way special events.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Strong oral communication and the ability to make presentations and lead meetings.
- Must be able to juggle multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously on a continuous basis.
- Must be able to communicate on the phone and in person, be able to drive a car, to work extended hours and weekends as needed, work with minimum supervision, exercise sound judgment at all times, and be at work, consistently, on a full-time basis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret program reports.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, and program partners.
- Ability to effectively present information to community groups, residents and/or boards of directors.
- Bilingual required (Spanish).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Driver’s License
- Verifiable automobile insurance.
See attached Physical Requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, send cover letter and resume to:
Ani Eliason, Executive Office Manager
Address: United Way of Fresno and Madera Counties
4949 E. Kings Canyon Road
Fresno, CA 93727
Please, no phone calls