Purpose of Position
United Way of Greater Chattanooga (UWGC) is currently searching for an Outreach and Attendance Coordinator for the Tennessee DOE-funded Tennessee Accelerating Literacy and Learning Corps tutoring program. United Way’s High Dosage Tutoring Program helps students accelerate their learning by partnering with local public Tennessee schools and various after-school community sites to offer high-impact, low-ratio tutoring. This position will be a part of United Way’s community investments team, working to make long-term change toward the organization’s Impact Agenda. This role will primarily be responsible for driving recruitment of tutors and students into our tutoring program, and will support attendance and retention of tutors and students who are in the program.
This role will need to be a highly organized professional with excellent follow-through and self-starting ability. Project management skills are necessary to navigate competing priorities and help build and sustain the program. The Outreach and Attendance Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include:
- Recruitment of full pipeline of qualified tutors
- Build and maintain relationships with community partner sites in neighboring counties.
- Working with partner sites to recruit and fully enroll the tutoring program with kids in need of tutoring.
- Ensure high attendance rate (by tutors and students)
- Develop and execute recruitment, onboarding, and retention plans for tutors
- Develop and execute recruitment plans for students with partner sites
- Monitor attendance of tutors and students at all sites
- Maintaining spreadsheets and other tools used in data compliance
- Deliver onboarding training as needed for tutors and partner sites
- Develop outreach protocols for neighboring Tennessee counties
- Verify student availability with each partner site
- Professional communication skills for emailing and phone calls
- Communicating data findings to key program stakeholders
- Creating sustainable processes, practices, and infrastructure to support our outreach and attendance needs
- Ensures compliance with district, state and federal policies, regulations, and laws
- Maintain accurate database records
- Works closely with Marketing to keep all digital and print materials up-to-date related to the tutoring program
- Visit partner sites on a regular basis for evaluation
Liaising with Site Directors to monitor and improve retention of tutors, enhancing onboarding and offboarding processe
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent project manager skills
- Relationship-focused individual
- Basic Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Willingness to learn and problem solve and think outside the box
- A strong command of technology and an interest in effective utilization of technology
- Process and procedure building
Core Competencies Required
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. UWGC does have flexible work arrangements available.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org