Monadnock United Way (MUW) seeks a professional, energetic Operations Specialist who wants to share their passion, positive energy and diverse skills to make a difference in our community supporting our small-but-mighty team.
Reporting to the President, the Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the President, Staff, and Board in the performance of their duties, which are foundational to our success. The successful candidate enjoys being immersed in a broad range of responsibilities – from MUW’s day-to-day administrative and office management needs to playing a key supporting role in projects – and is as comfortable supporting important projects that strengthen our community as coordinating schedules and producing mailings. This highly visible, internally- and externally-facing position requires a high level of professionalism and discretion in all matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the President, the Operations Coordinator will create an annual workplan that aligns with MUW’s strategic direction and annual goals. Duties and responsibilities aimed at achieving annual goals include:
Provide a wide variety of administrative support to the President and Board as assigned to ensure smooth operations and maintain the positive reputation that MUW enjoys in our community. Based on an annual workplan, responsibilities may include:
- Support the President including scheduling, gathering and sorting mail, printing, organization and version control of files, and communications with stakeholders on the President’s behalf.
- Prepare President’s daily reading materials with an executive summary and meeting info.
- Support the President and Board Chair in scheduling and coordination of all aspects of the Board of Directors meetings, including the preparation and advance distribution of the agenda, meeting packets, and location setup; including the completion of post-meeting action follow-up.
- Responsible for keeping foundational board documentation current, such as board manual, board lists, committee membership, by-laws, and onboarding materials.
As the go-to person for the team, the Specialist serves on workgroups as an equal partner, providing support and coordination to ensure project and team needs are met. Based on an annual workplan, responsibilities may include:
- Play an active role in projects for fundraising, impact, communications and operations.
- Coordinate staff meetings: maintaining the agenda and topics, preparing materials, taking minutes and coordinating guest speakers when appropriate.
- Onsite contact person for events, speaking engagements and meetings, coordinating all aspects including invitations and RSVPs, materials, arranging physical or virtual meeting space, attending events and managing logistics on-site.
Vendor Relationship Support
The Operations Specialist develops positive relationships with all vendors: coordinating activities, acting as the liaison between staff and vendors, and troubleshooting issues to a successful completion on behalf of staff. Based on an annual workplan, responsibilities may include:
- Time Card Vendor: Coordinate our time entry system, reviewing bi-weekly timecards for the President to approve, updating system, pulling reports, sending reminders to staff.
- Finance Vendors: Accept, organize and code all invoices and contracts from vendors for finance team. Pick up and deliver correspondence and packets to bookkeeping firm.
- IT Vendor: Coordinate service and support staff with IT issues.
- Cybersecurity: Coordinate, schedule, plan topics and monitor monthly trainings for team.
- Copier & Phone Vendors: Coordinate service and troubleshoot issues.
- Coordinate and maintain subscriptions such as web site domain, web hosting, database, etc.
- Coordinate and update annual certifications such as United Way and Charity Navigator.
Based on an annual workplan, responsibilities may include:
- As an ambassador of MUW, greet visitors, respond to email and phone inquiries.
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic filing systems and version control.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies.
- Prepare mailings: mail merge, printing, collating and posting with an eye for accuracy.
- All other duties as assigned.
The operations specialist models the competencies expected of all MUW staff:
- Mission Focused. Employee’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and overall community well-being. This drives employee performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented. Employee understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator. Employee understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results Driven. Employee is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward. Employee is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Role Model. Employee is a role model for shared leadership and advocates for collective impact principles and processes.
MUW Vision, Mission and Values
The Operations Specialist models and supports the values of the organization:
A United community where all are cared for and thriving.
Monadnock United Way is dedicated to improving lives by mobilizing diverse partners and investing in programs and people to create long-lasting, measurable change.
- Collaborative: We arrive as equal partners, committed to doing good, especially when it’s hard.
- Transparent: We are truthful and honest with ourselves and with the community.
- Sustainable: We choose paths that strengthen our community now and into the future.
- Respectful: We are considerate of others’ opinion, position, background, and experience.
- Trust: We center our relationships and actions on openness and honesty. It is the lens for all we do.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Excellent, diplomatic communications skills, both verbal and written with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations.
- Ability to maintain composure and calm demeanor in stressful/high-pressure situations.
- Ability to exercise executive level discretion and confidentiality in all dealings.
- Collaborative workstyle, coupled with ability to make tough decisions when necessary.
- Ability to consider how decisions may impact the organization, team, programs and community.
- Curious and innovative problem solver with a commitment to learning and professional growth.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of experience is preferred, especially in subjects related to business administration and operations. A High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum of five years of experience in a progressively responsible administration and/or operational position will be considered.
- Proven, superb customer service skills, respect, and professionalism, internal and external.
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines, both planned and ad hoc, from multiple sources.
- Ability to attend meetings outside of normal work hours and to travel, if necessary.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and daily access to personal vehicle.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of standard office equipment (copier, fax, computer, telephone, etc.).
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods in a stationary position at a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
$40,000 – $44,000 full-time-equivalent at 37.5 hours per week with full benefits package.
In addition to a 7.5 hour workday, MUW’s full-time benefits package includes a hybrid work environment with flexible hours to honor work/life balance, Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, health insurance, retirement plan and disability insurance.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
MUW is committed to be a model of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and to promote an inclusive culture where diversity is valued by everyone. Read our policy at: https://www.muw.org/diversity-equity-and-inclusion-policy . An Equal Opportunity Employer.