Plymouth Community United Way is located in Plymouth, Michigan and serves the Plymouth, Canton and Western Wayne County. Our focus is "To reach out and serve human needs".
The particulars of the job are posted below, in the job profile. We are a small office with 5-6 people. We work with our partner agencies to support and uplift the local community.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Plymouth Community United Way
TITLE: Operations Associate
REPORTS TO: President
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to build relationships.
Collaborate with the Resource Development, Marketing, and Community Event planning personnel.
Assist in creating Marketing material.
Assess priorities to increase the efficiency within the organization.
Ability to successfully function within all areas of the PCUW.
Develop, maintain relationships with key contact (sponsors).
Develop engagement strategies for donors and perspective donors.
Collaborate with President and Resource Development Staff to develop plans, timelines and goals for fundraising programs and events.
Learn, understand and build successful communication and marketing strategies for the organization.
Manage operating tasks for all facets or the organization.
Understand financial operations of non-profits.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector.
- Understanding of finance related procedures and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Services, Social Work or a related field. Masters preferred.
- 3 years administrative experience in Nonprofit.
- Strong composition, grammar, punctuation, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player, able to multi-task and flexible to handle jobs as needed and assigned.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Canva.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.