United Ways of the Pacific Northwest
Title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: President & CEO
United Ways of the Pacific Northwest (UWPNW) is the regional trade association for 34 local United Ways in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. United Ways in the Pacific Northwest are committed to improving lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good in the areas of education, income and health.
To provide administrative, organizational, and programmatic support to United Ways of the Pacific Northwest, as well as the Imagination Library of Washington, and their President & CEO, Executive Director, Staff, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Affiliates, and member committees.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a balance of administrative, IT, communications, and organizational skills. This team player will be adaptable to change, possess strong attention to detail and ability to work fully remote with minimal supervision.
Serve as administrative partner in providing support to the President & CEO, staff, members and organizational projects. Provide administrative support including, but not limited to, correspondences and meeting minutes, management of complex administrative/marketing projects, production of reports, communication materials, scheduling, organizing and managing meetings, training, orientation, and other activities. The following responsibilities are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions:
- Support President & CEO and staff in day-to-day operations of UWPNW and the Imagination Library of Washington.
- Manage organizational minutes, correspondences, schedules, policies, records, and communications
- Manage & coordinate administrative tasks and project work
- Keep a comprehensive calendar of events, projects, and organizational priorities
- Assist in the development of year-round communications strategies
- Assist with development and implementation of year-round, possibly multiyear, training plan
- Arrange for meeting logistics i.e., hotel, meeting space, catering, travel and meeting materials
- Manage website & IT Infrastructure
- Conduct special projects in support of members, as assigned
- Maintain positive working relationships with Board, Members, donors, staff and general public
- Perform other administrative/organizational duties as requested
- College degree in business management or five years of general administrative and/ or project management experience (or equivalent combination of training and education).
- Experience in organizational, project coordination and management.
- Successful track record as a leader, organizer, team builder, and problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to support the work of several committees, and maintain effective working relationships with all staff, agencies, donors, and volunteers. Perform as key member of high performing team.
- Ability to work independently, making mature and sound decisions under constant deadline pressure.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing needs and work well independently.
- Strong technical skills and proficiency with computers and a variety of databases, mail merging, and all MS Office applications.
- Experience in desktop publications, graphic design/layout and photo editing.
- Willingness to travel (compensated) and occasionally work early/late depending on projects.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Must consent to criminal background check.
Position Classification/ Compensation
Full time, hourly position (40 hours/ week) with $200/month internet/phone/power stipend, negotiable benefits, retirement plan and generous annual leave including paid vacation/holidays. This position is 100% remote-residing in Idaho, Oregon or Washington is required. Salary Range: $22-$26/hour.
Submit resume; cover letter, and at least three professional references to: United Ways of the Pacific Northwest by email only to Jobs@uwpnw.org. For inquiries, email or call 360-451-9053.
Application review will begin August 19th. Open until filled.
United Ways of the Pacific Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes its hiring decisions without regard for race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.