About the Michigan Association of United Ways
The Michigan Association of United Ways is a dynamic small team that provides multifaceted support to United Ways across Michigan. We support local United Ways that fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides administrative, event planning, membership and general office support to the Michigan Association of United Ways (MAUW) and Michigan 2-1-1. This position is 100% in-office and based in Lansing, MI. Some light travel may be required. Performs other necessary tasks for office administration. Position is full-time and recognized under OPEIU Local 459 agreement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Schedule, coordinate logistics, and staff all MAUW internal meetings
- Schedule, organize, and plan MAUW Membership events, including multi-day sessions
- Manage specific needs of MAUW Membership programs
- Serve as first point-of-contact for Association Membership
- Provide general office administration including scheduling, general correspondence, telephone reception, and administrative support to the MAUW CEO and Michigan 2-1-1 Executive Director
- Provide administrative support for MAUW Accounting Staff, including registering checks and billings within the accounting process
- Other related duties as assigned
3-5 years of experience in a customer-oriented environment. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable with learning various new technology. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Detail-oriented. Strong customer service skills. Event planning experience and Association experience a plus.