United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore is a high-performing, dynamic leader of solutions, funding and networking for the challenges of our region. We leverage talents and relationships to accomplish transformational community change. Impacting 1 in 3 neighbors annually throughout our four-county service area, we deliver on our mission – “To create and enhance opportunities for making a positive and lasting impact in Education, Financial Stability, and Health for all.”
Please reference our agency profile for additional information.
United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore (UWLES) seeks an enthusiastic administrative professional for the position of Office Manager.
Candidates who share our values, commitment to community and have a proven dedication to teamwork are encouraged to apply – we look forward to learning more about you! Please include a cover letter, resume, salary request, and at least 3 professional references. Send to email@example.com
Primary duties include:
- Serve as the agency’s primary and initial contact with phone & office support for general & referral inquiries, community guests, visitors, vendors and volunteers.
- Manage office
- Team, Project and Administrative Support, including but not limited to:
- Office technology support, including managing online tools/meetings, on site technology, and vendor support.
- Conference room scheduling, room preparations and care.
- Management of office volunteers and related projects.
- Processing daily mail, receivables, invoices.
- Coordination & distribution of board and committee communications and support materials.
- Facilities and supplies management – maintaining safety protocols, organization of main office areas, supply orders, vendor/maintenance scheduling, etc.
- Coordination of direct mail processes in donor database and Excel, such as managing mail lists, producing letters, and facilitating with team and print/mail vendor.
- Pledge processing and maintaining data in donor database.
- Maintain database and reports for agency direct program(s) as needed.
- Event support, both in planning and execution, as needed.
- Administrative support as needed for Leadership, Development and Impact team members.
- Support for the Finance Manager with A/R and QuickBooks.
- Additional duties as assigned based on interests, talents, and ability.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Ability to work as a team player with a community-centered philosophy.
- Positive and friendly interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Professional and positive image, with excellent telephone, oral and written communication skills.
- High proficiency using Excel, Outlook, Word, SharePoint, and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience with database management and Quickbooks.
- Ability to quickly learn and excel in new programs, database platforms and processes.
- Strong organization skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to dynamic work environment, with strong prioritizing and multi-tasking skills.
- 3 to 5 years of administrative support or relevant experience.
- High school diploma/GED or its equivalent. Associate degree preferred.
- Physical needs of position to perform duties may include, but are not limited to, extended periods of sitting or standing, ability to use various office equipment, and lifting boxes or other materials up to approximately 30 pounds. Use of own vehicle in performance of duties will be needed. There will be times when hours outside of normal schedule will be required.
UWLES is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations may be available for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.