With minimal supervision and a high level of personal initiative, responsible for planning, securing, administering, and troubleshooting the organization's networks and related hardware/software. Maintains production equipment in manner which meets or exceeds the functional and performance requirements of the business operations, ensuring minimum equipment/network downtime. Provides support to help desk staff, server administrator, and IT Director in IT related projects, including responding to emergencies related to security incidents or equipment failures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, document, maintain, monitor, secure, and troubleshoot layer 2 and layer 3 networks across UWGH facilities
- Manage WAN providers and links that connect UWGH facilities, vendors, and cloud resources
- Manage next-generation firewalls at UWGH facilities
- Manage Wi-Fi-networks across UWGH facilities
- Recommend and implement network security protocols, such as network segmentation, logging systems, network privileged account management, etc., across UWGH facilities
- Implement network auditing, logging, and monitoring systems
- Document and maintain voice networks and systems across UWGH facilities
- Support the 211 voice and data networks as needed (involves working with state designated personnel and equipment)
- Assist the help desk in diagnosing and correcting issues reported to the help desk, particularly involving the network
- Assist the Sr. IT Director in purchasing decisions related to Wi-Fi, LAN, and WAN networks
- Assist the Sr. IT Director in selecting, managing, and monitoring bandwidth providers
- Assist the IT Department in establishing security guidelines and recommendations
High school education with experience in computer network technologies AND network related certifications. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS preferred.
Minimum Skills and Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in planning, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting layer 2/3 switches, routers, and firewalls from a variety of vendors
- Experience with Windows server technologies related to computer networks, such as DNS, DHCP, NPS/RADIUS
- Experience with next-generation firewalls
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Configure & administer telephone systems and services (telephony, voice mail, unified messaging, conference phones, etc.)
- Experience with network auditing and logging systems
- Experience creating network documentation, such as diagrams, naming conventions, IP ranges, WAN links, etc.
- Effective communication skills -- written and verbal
- Excellent people skills with an ability and willingness to interact with end-users in a supportive, responsive manner
- Ability to handle confidential information
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.