United Way of North Carolina is the state association for 51 local United Ways and administers the statewide NC 211 system which will be adding an in-house call center to support other partners in delivering 211 services, December 2021. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the statewide 211 system with focus on team building, quality assurance, regulatory and contract compliance, attainment of budgetary and operational goals, and overall service level performance and monitoring utilizing the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems standards. This position supports a strong day-to-day leadership presence and an open-door policy among all staff and contractors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and foster a highly effective team environment for United Way of North Carolina/NC211 inhouse team and contracted 211 service providers.
- Work with the 211 leadership team to develop and maintain policies, procedures and protocols for the statewide system.
- Oversee the recruitment, onboarding and training of inhouse staff.
- Work with telecom and IT consultants and vendors to ensure operational continuity of phone system and information technology.
- Enhance and maintain a business continuity plan for the statewide system.
- Lead disaster response planning and implementation.
- Lead implementation of all aspects of new lines of business to include, staffing ratio, training, documenting procedures, call center tools, QA modification and reporting.
- Coordinate in service / staff development with leadership team.
- Analyze the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology and financial systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall.
- Support the work of the Data Analyst by identifying reporting elements and incorporating gathering of data within workflows.
- Oversee workforce management for the 211 system to include staffing needs and trends and opportunities to obtain efficiencies, including key performance indicators (KPI).
- Build trusted relationships with 211 service providers, contract administrators and vendors that focus on mission and continuous quality improvement.
- Evaluate and build strategies to address overall performance, utilizing statewide quality assurance plan, contractual agreements and the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) standards.
- Work with the Leadership Team to evaluate and implement any improvement of workflow processes including technology utilization and upgrades.
- Leverage the national 211 network to become aware of best practices, opportunities and to build relationships.
- Assist the State Director in 211 escalations/complaints from the local community.
Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 5 years supervisory and related customer service experience, quality assurance and project management experience, preferred within a call or contact center environment.
Available to work afterhours and weekends as needed to support a 24/7 operation. Additionally, NC 211 is an integral part of the State Emergency Response Team (SERT). This requires all 211 staff to be available during times of emergency, to work beyond normal hours and/or to be flexible in meeting the needs of the event.
Bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply, please include your level of fluency in your resume or letter.
Knowledge of technology and software applications, especially client management systems.
Demonstrated proficiency in using PC Office software.
Previous social and/or human service experience helpful.
Valid NC Driver’s License for some statewide travel
Excellent leadership and team building skills.
Excellent analytical problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Ability to work well under pressure while performing multiple tasks.
Excellent listening skills and patience.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
United Way of North Carolina is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.