United Way United Way of King County is committed to working for a racially just community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. We believe that having staff, volunteers, and supporters that represent diverse backgrounds will allow us to better accomplish our mission. We continue to work diligently to ensure that the field of philanthropy is welcoming to diverse communities. We strive to have a diverse staff and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply and be part of our team.
Our culture fosters collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity, and accountability. Click here to view a brief video for this exciting professional opportunity at United Way!
This position supports the work of the National Service Program team in the accomplishment of team goals and objectives. Major areas of focus include leading AmeriCorps recruitment, providing administrative support to AmeriCorps members, and supporting grant compliance. The position collaborates with the National Service Program Manager, HR, Accounting Department, AmeriCorps members, and the Community Services Operations (Ops) Team. This position is time limited position based on grant funding.
This position is time limited position based on grant funding. The position is expected to end June 30, 2023 with the possibility of extension.
The annual salary range is $58,529 – $59,830 DOE. This position is open until filled.
● Leads recruitment of 200+ AmeriCorps members annually in partnership with program leaders. Develops recruitment plan, implements recruitment strategy, and delegates tasks to other team members.
● Leads recruitment racial equity meetings and AmeriCorps DEIAC subcommittee meetings to develop recommendations for policies, programs, and practices to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion across UWKC's AmeriCorps Programs.
● Attends recruitment events and developing new partnerships with schools, community-based organizations, and community leaders to support National Service Programs. Develops strong partnerships with BIPOC led organizations.
● Works with IT, HR, and other departments to onboard new members and staff. Ensures timely and accurate deployment of technology, pay, benefits, etc.
● Leads ongoing trainings and support for AmeriCorps members and staff on policies and procedures related to AmeriCorps, Compliance, payments, etc.
● Coordinates community building activities for AmeriCorps Members. This includes development of monthly newsletter; management of UWKC AmeriCorps social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn; engagement with Members to gather photos and stories.
● Designs outreach materials (i.e. social media graphics, recruitment videos, recruitment toolkits, email templates, recruitment flyers); Creates social media strategy and copy (including stories of current AmeriCorps members); Utilizes email marketing including eGrants and Mailchimp; Partners with Brand team to leverage UWKC Social Media tools.
● Serves as a liaison with funders on administrative compliance for AmeriCorps.
● In partnership with program leaders, manages AmeriCorps hiring process including scheduling and interview setup.
● Develops strategy to communicate with and engage alumni of UWKC AmeriCorps programs.
● Ensures accurate and timely processing of all AmeriCorps related invoices, reimbursements, payments, and timesheets.
● Coordinates procurement, tracking and organization of supplies (office and program related). Works with Ops team to develop predictable ordering schedule, and understands grant or other requirements that impact procurement.
● Manages process of securing and distributing ORCA LIFT Passes, coordinating housing stipends, leading health insurance enrollment to National Service Members
● Performs general office administration work, event coordination, and other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Demonstrated understanding of social and racial justice and equity, with a proven commitment to apply racial and economic justice lenses in both personal and workplace contexts.
● Lived experience and/or demonstrated professional skills working within a diverse work environment.
● Passion for leveraging AmeriCorps to help low-income people move out of poverty and homelessness.
● Demonstrated strong community outreach and volunteer/staff recruitment experience in a fast-paced environment.
● Demonstrated commitment to Racial Equity and experience building racial equity and social justice strategies.
● Demonstrated strong project management experience; demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple concurrent projects and drive them to completion.
● Proven detail-oriented, able to quickly and concisely synthesize large amounts of information.
● Experience leveraging new technology, social media, and other tools on a daily basis.
● Proven ability to multi-task; effective time and project management skills.
● Proven excellent organizational and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment.
● Proven strong cross-team collaboration, facilitation, and consensus-building background; demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment, and good decision-making skills.
● Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
● Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills; understanding of correct usage of grammar, business English, basic math, and strong proofreading skills.
● Demonstrated successful experience coordinating volunteer program activities.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred. Three years’ experience in office administration, community outreach, program/project support and overseeing volunteer activities are highly desirable. Experience related to federal and other types of grants and working with AmeriCorps members highly desired. Experience writing and managing public and private grants required. Grant-making experience preferred.
UWKC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. United Way of King County values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color to apply. We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
The position works under frequent time requirements/constraints and performs extensive close work using a computer. Work requires a flexible work schedule and may require shift extensions or weekend work to meet specific work objectives. United Way of King County operates a hybrid workplace with most employees working schedules that combine remote and on-site components. A record of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
• Opportunities to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
• Ongoing collaboration with diverse staff and other constituents
• A desirable culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
• Exciting and challenging work
• Opportunities to help solve the community's toughest problems
• Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
• Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you.
This position works under frequent time requirements/constraints and performs extensive close work using a computer. Work requires a flexible work schedule and may require shift extensions or weekend work to meet specific work objectives, along with extensive local travel. United Way of King County operates a hybrid workplace with most employees working schedules that combine remote and on-site components. A record of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position.
Please click here to apply online. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter as well.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position. Click here to access the Career Center.
United Way King County operates a hybrid workplace with all employees able to work a combination of remote, on-site, and off-site. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role.