Job Announcement–National Service Recruitment & Admin Coordinator
United Way of King County works to build a community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. Our culture fosters collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity, and accountability.
With our unwavering focus on racial justice for all, we hope to achieve racially equitable outcomes in King County and beyond. We believe that having staff, volunteers, and supportive community members who represent diverse backgrounds and circumstances will help us more effectively accomplish our mission. We aim to a create a welcoming and inclusive work environment, and we also strive to have a diverse staff and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply and join our team.
This position supports the work of the National Service and Ending Poverty Programs team in the accomplishment of team goals and objectives. Major areas of focus include leading AmeriCorps recruitment, providing administrative support to AmeriCorps members and program leads, and supporting grant compliance. The position collaborates with the National Service Program Manager, Ending Poverty and Homelessness Team, Accounting Department, AmeriCorps members, and the Community Services Operations (Ops) Team. This position is time limited position based on grant funding. The position is expected to end June 30, 2023 with the possibility of extension.
The annual recruiting salary is $55,500 to $57,500 DOE. This position is open until filled; first consideration will be given to applications received within two weeks of posting.
*Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role (proof of vaccination will be requested during the onboarding process for the successful candidate)
- Leads recruitment of 200+ AmeriCorps members annually in partnership with program leaders. Develops recruitment plan, implements recruitment strategy, and delegates tasks to other team members.
- Leads recruitment racial equity meetings and AmeriCorps DEIAC subcommittee meetings to develop recommendations for policies, programs, and practices to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion across UWKC's AmeriCorps Programs.
- Attends recruitment events and develops new partnerships with schools, community-based organizations, and community leaders to support National Service Programs. Develops strong partnerships with BIPOC led organizations.
- Works with IT, HR, and other departments to onboard new members and staff. Ensures timely and accurate deployment of technology, pay, benefits, etc.
- Leads ongoing trainings and support for AmeriCorps members and staff on policies and procedures related to AmeriCorps, Compliance, payments, etc.
- Coordinates community building activities for AmeriCorps Members. This includes development of monthly newsletter; management of UWKC AmeriCorps social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn; engagement with Members to gather photos and stories.
- Designs outreach materials (i.e. social media graphics, recruitment videos, recruitment toolkits, email templates, recruitment flyers); Creates social media strategy and copy (including stories of current AmeriCorps members); Utilizes email marketing including eGrants and Mailchimp; Partners with Brand team to leverage UWKC Social Media tools.
- Serves as a liaison with funders on administrative compliance for AmeriCorps.
- Develops partnerships with program leaders, manages AmeriCorps hiring process including scheduling and interview setup. Works with HR to complete background checks.
- Develops strategy to communicate with and engage alumni of UWKC AmeriCorps programs.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of all AmeriCorps and Ending Poverty related invoices, reimbursements, payments, and timesheets.
- Coordinates procurement, tracking and organization of supplies (office and program related). Works with Ops team to develop predictable ordering schedule and understands grant or other requirements that impact procurement. Manages process of securing and distributing ORCA LIFT Passes, coordinating housing stipends, leading health insurance enrollment to National Service Members.
- Performs general office administration work, event coordination, and other related duties as assigned.
DISCLAIMER: This job position performs other assignments and duties as assigned. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of King County.
- Passion for leveraging AmeriCorps to help low-income people move out of poverty and homelessness.
- Proven strong community outreach and volunteer/staff recruitment experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to Racial Equity and experience building racial equity and social justice strategies.
- Proven strong project management experience; demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple concurrent projects and drive them to completion.
- Demonstrated detail-oriented, able to quickly and concisely synthesize large amounts of information.
- Experience leveraging new technology, social media, and other tools on a daily basis.
- Proven ability to multi-task; effective time and project management skills.
- Proven excellent organizational and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven strong cross-team collaboration, facilitation, and consensus-building background; demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment, and good decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills; understanding of correct usage of grammar, business English, basic math, and strong proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience coordinating volunteer program activities.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree preferred. Three years’ experience in office administration, community outreach, program/project support and overseeing volunteer activities are highly desirable. Experience related to federal and other types of grants and working with AmeriCorps members highly desired.
United Way of King County is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. UWKC values a racially diverse workplace and strongly encourages Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunities to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Ongoing collaboration with diverse staff and other constituents
- A desirable culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunities to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
Please apply online via the following link. You will be asked to upload your resume and provide a cover letter as well as complete the UWKC application.
***Applicants MUST apply at the UWKC Career Center to be considered for this position.***
Protecting the health and safety of our communities is a top priority. Due to the circumstances surrounding the pandemic, all interviews will be conducted remotely for the time being. We will provide candidates who are selected for interviews with all the required instructions for the interview process.
United Way of King County values workplace flexibility. Our office is currently closed, and staff are working remotely until February 22, 2022. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as well as the overall health of our community and we may adjust the office opening date as needed. When our office does reopen, we will offer a hybrid approach combining in-office work and remote work for our staff.
Please note that proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this role.