Multimedia Storytelling Intern
Safeguarding our team members is an important part of how we ensure our continued work in the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, UWCI requires all new hires to be optimally vaccinated against COVID-19, including the COVID-19 booster, barring an approved exemption. All UWCI team members will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 19, 2021, barring an approved exception.
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
United Way of Central Indiana recognizes that the key to success is a strong and cohesive team that works through shared values to achieve our mission. The Multimedia Storytelling Intern is a member of the marketing team. The intern will be an integral part of promoting the United Way brand, fostering a better understanding of United Way, creating custom materials and assisting with graphic design projects for United Way, partner companies and donor-centric pieces.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Execute multimedia requests in a fast-paced environment with tight turnaround time. This includes planning, design, editing, and delivery of aesthetically pleasing and engaging media packages, including graphics, photography, video, and sound.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
- Collaborate closely with Impact Brand Storytelling Manager to create Impact videos
- Basic knowledge of marketing and adapting multimedia tools to target key audience demographics and user experience
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel), Google Apps (e.g., Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive).
- Ability to excel in a highly detail-oriented and fast paced environment
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback; address stressful situations with poise, understanding and tact
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be adaptable to fluctuating deadlines
- Demonstrated focus on creativity and quality
- Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility, adaptability and the ability to multi-task and be open-minded in a fast-paced environment. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Currently enrolled in an accredited higher education program with at least a sophomore level status in Art, Visual Communication, Graphic Design or Instructional Design (preferred).
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
- Job Knowledge
- Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Impact Brand and Storytelling Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly, 20 hours weekly, Temporary, Flexible Schedule
Salary Range: $13.00 Hourly
Benefits: Not benefits eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/team
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.