MICHIGAN ASSOCIATION OF UNITED WAYS, MICHIGAN AFTER-SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP JOB OPENING
The Michigan Association of United Ways is a dynamic small team that provides multifaceted support to United Ways across Michigan. We support local United Ways that fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community.
The Michigan Association of United Ways is the fiduciary for the Michigan Afterschool Partnership (MASP). The MASP Policy Coordinator will be employed by the Michigan Association of United Ways. MASP champions statewide access to quality and equitable Out-of-School Time (OST) programs to ensure that all children and youth succeed.
Position Title: Professional Development Manger
Reports To: MASP Director of Quality Initiatives
Summary: The professional development manager is responsible for the planning and execution of all conferences, workshops and training. The PD manager will also work closely with the MASP Director of Quality Initiatives to provide technical assistance and quality support to the field. This is a remote position with some travel and in-person meetings required.
Please submit resume, (3) professional references and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 7, 2022. The cover letter should include a short description on why you are interested in this position and why you think you’d be a good fit for MASP.
Duties & Functions:
• Plan and execute all conferences, workshops and trainings, this includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinate with the MACC committee as referenced below for all MACC conferences.
- Assist the MASP Quality Director with development of an annual professional development calendar.
- Manage all logistics for the events (virtual or in-person).
- Design/craft the agendas, formats and session descriptions.
- Recruit, prepare and manage all presenters/keynote speakers.
- Set-up and run registration for events.
- Analyze evaluations from events.
- Coordinate all marketing for the events with the MASP communications, consultant and network engagement manager.
- Coordinate volunteers for conferences and other workshops/trainings.
- Maintain the calendar and events page on MASP’s website.
• Facilitate the Michigan Afterschool Collaborative Conference committee meetings and activities.
• Provide technical assistance (TA) to OST programs and providers.
• Develop trainings, TA manuals, toolkits and other relevant quality products needed by the OST field.
• Support the Quality Director with other quality efforts, as needed.
Other duties as needed and assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience
• Expertise and experience in implementing best practices and quality standards in the OST field.
• Familiarity with agencies providing professional development activities for OST professionals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Ability to manage and work within a team effectively.
• Familiarity with OST program needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Organized and able to set priorities.
• Strong technology skills.
Annual salary in the $60,000 - $66,500 range, commensurate with experience, plus a comprehensive benefit package including employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance, an employer matched 403B, and other benefits averaging an additional 35% of non- salary benefit. Additional work-life benefits include generous vacation and PTO.
The Michigan Afterschool Partnership champions statewide access to quality and equitable Out-of-School Time (OST) programs to ensure that all children and youth succeed.
• Youth Focused - We are inspired by youth. Young people are at the center of everything we do.
• Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together, we can best support equity, diversity, and inclusion in Out-of-School Time statewide.
• Strategic Action - We believe in aligned, future-oriented and proactive approaches to support the Out-of-School Time system in Michigan.
• Data Driven, Quality Practice - We invest in and support what we know are best practices using data to inform our decisions. We promote and advance a culture of continuous quality improvement.
• Collaboration & Partnership - We believe in the power of the collective voice. We are committed to sharing expertise and experiences. We succeed together.
Learn more at www.miafterschool.org