MICHIGAN ASSOCIATION OF UNITED WAYS, MICHIGAN AFTER-SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP JOB OPENING
The Michigan Association of United Ways is a dynamic small team that provides multifaceted support
to United Ways across Michigan. We support local United Ways that ﬁght for the health, education
and ﬁnancial stability of every person in every community.
The Michigan Association of United Ways is the fiduciary for the Michigan Afterschool Partnership
(MASP). The MASP Policy Coordinator will be employed by the Michigan Association of United Ways.
MASP champions statewide access to quality and equitable Out- of-School Time (OST) programs to
ensure that all children and youth succeed.
Position Title: Policy Coordinator
Reports To: Michigan Afterschool Partnership Executive Director
Summary: The policy coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to advance
MASP’s policy platform and advocacy goals at the federal, state and local levels. They are responsible for supporting the development and execution of policy related activities, programs,
analysis, and engagement with stakeholders to advance MASP’s mission and vision. This is a remote position with some travel and in- person meetings required.
Please submit resume, (3) professional references and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 3, 2022. The cover letter should include a short description on why you
are interested in this position and why you think you’d be a good fit for MASP.
Duties & Functions:
Other duties as needed and assigned.
• Assist in monitoring, researching, tracking and responding to local, state and federal policy
developments and issues, including legislative and regulatory issues.
• Support Executive Director and outreach to government officials as directed.
• Assist in development of fact sheets and other collateral related to policy work.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual MASP Capitol Day.
• Support MASP Network Engagement Manager with grassroots engagement of OST providers, parents,
• Work closely with the Executive Director to cultivate appropriate opportunities for MASP
partners with the state of Michigan.
• Identify and cultivate prospective new MASP partners.
• Provide administrative support for relevant policy committees or action teams.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience
• At least 1-2 years’ work experience in coalition management, consensus building or public
policy. Experience with elected officials preferred.
• Strong analytical, research, organization, and presentation skills.
• Highly organized with attention to detail, patience; ability to work independently and
coordinate multiple, diverse projects, meets deadlines, and ensures quality of work.
• Excellent written and verbal skills. A sample will be requested.
• Problem solving skills, resourcefulness and demonstrated ability to find necessary
• Prioritization skills and ability to work according to the organization’s needs.
• Willingness to learn and grow with the organization.
• Strong commitment to MASP’s mission.
Salary: Annual salary in the $50,000 – $55,000 range, commensurate with experience, plus a
comprehensive beneﬁt package including employer- subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance,
an employer matched 403B, and other beneﬁts averaging an additional 35% of non- salary beneﬁt.
Additional work-life beneﬁts include generous vacation and PTO.
The Michigan Afterschool Partnership champions statewide access to quality and equitable
Out-of-School Time (OST) programs to ensure that all children and youth succeed.
• Youth Focused - We are inspired by youth. Young people are at the center of everything we
• Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - We know that by embracing differences, actively including a
variety of voices, and joining together, we can best support equity, diversity, and inclusion in
Out-of-School Time statewide.
• Strategic Action - We believe in aligned, future-oriented and proactive approaches to support
the Out-of-School Time system in Michigan.
• Data Driven, Quality Practice - We invest in and support what we know are best practices using
data to inform our decisions. We promote and advance a culture of continuous quality improvement.
• Collaboration & Partnership - We believe in the power of the collective voice. We are committed
to sharing expertise and experiences. We succeed together.
Learn more at www.miafterschool.org.