MICHIGAN ASSOCIATION OF UNITED WAYS, MICHIGAN AFTER-SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP JOB OPENING
The Michigan Association of United Ways is a dynamic small team that provides multifaceted support
to United Ways across Michigan. We support local United Ways that ﬁght for the health, education
and ﬁnancial stability of every person in every community.
The Michigan Association of United Ways is the fiduciary for the Michigan Afterschool Partnership
(MASP). The MASP Operations Manager will be employed by the Michigan Association of United Ways.
MASP champions statewide access to quality and equitable Out- of-School Time (OST) programs to
ensure that all children and youth succeed.
Position Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Michigan Afterschool Partnership Executive Director
Summary: Our expanding organization is seeking to hire a full-time operations manager to join
the MASP team. The operations manager assists with the day-to-day operations of MASP, including
management of virtual offices, finances/budgeting, grants management, data collection,
organizational policies and procedures and administrative support to the Executive Director. This
is a virtual position with some travel and in- person meetings required.
Please submit resume, (3) professional references and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 7, 2022. The cover letter should include a short description on why you
are interested in this position and why you think you’d be a good fit for MASP.
Duties & Functions:
Other duties as needed and assigned.
• Assist with recruitment, hiring and orientation of MASP team.
• As directed, help to develop, implement, and review operational policies and
• Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance.
• Help promote a team culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
• Assist with the financial management and budgeting, in coordination with ED.
• Working with ED, help prepare materials for Leadership team meetings and act as staff liaison
for relevant committees.
• Assist with implementation and management of fundraising, including grants management, proposal
and grant application development, tracking and reporting.
• Assist in database design and development, manage the database, including entering data and
providing MASP team technical assistance and support for database system.
• Provide general administrative support to ED, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Experience
• Demonstrated experience in organizational/resource development, database management and
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; data analysis and IT management, a plus.
• Highly organized with attention to detail, patience; ability to work independently and
coordinate multiple, diverse projects, set realistic deadlines, and manage a timeline.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Prioritization skills and ability to work according to the organization’s needs.
• Willingness to learn and grow with the organization.
• Strong commitment to MASP’s mission.
Salary: Annual salary in the $60,000 - $66,500 range, commensurate with experience, plus a
comprehensive beneﬁt package including employer- subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance,
an employer matched 403B, and other beneﬁts averaging an additional 35% of non- salary beneﬁt.
Additional work-life beneﬁts include generous vacation and PTO.
The Michigan Afterschool Partnership champions statewide access to quality and equitable
Out-of-School Time (OST) programs to ensure that all children and youth succeed.
• Youth Focused - We are inspired by youth. Young people are at the center of everything we
• Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion - We know that by embracing differences, actively including a
variety of voices, and joining together, we can best support equity, diversity, and inclusion in
Out-of-School Time statewide.
• Strategic Action - We believe in aligned, future-oriented and proactive approaches to support
the Out-of-School Time system in Michigan.
• Data Driven, Quality Practice - We invest in and support what we know are best practices using
data to inform our decisions. We promote and advance a culture of continuous quality improvement.
• Collaboration & Partnership - We believe in the power of the collective voice. We are committed
to sharing expertise and experiences. We succeed together.
Learn more at www.miafterschool.org.