Position Title: Member Services Manager
Reports To: President and CEO
United Way of Wisconsin (UWWi) is the statewide organization providing member support services to the 40 local and independent United Ways in Wisconsin.
UWWI supports the capacity development of local United Ways in Wisconsin, individually and working together, so that they can build strong communities by mobilizing our public, private and non-profit sectors through research, civic engagement, public policy advocacy, and results-based funding.
To support and enrich a strong statewide United Way network that maximizes the capacity of local United Ways to address human needs, improve lives and create lasting positive change across Wisconsin.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Member Services Manager is responsible for overseeing member services including strategic communication, learning and conferencing, initiative coordination and technical assistance to local United Ways. The MSM serves as a key point of contact and an essential link to member United Ways, donors, the general public, and community partners.
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 annually
- Event Coordination (25%)
- Coordinate all aspects of an annual spring conference and smaller annual summer meeting. (i.e. pre-planning, execution, post event measurement, etc.)
- Directs the efforts of event vendors (i.e. Hotel, Venue, F&B, AV, etc.)
- Partner with destinations, venues, and community building platforms as the point of contact to oversee and coordinate all facility functions and needs to include setup, production, and experience design.
- Coordinate sponsorship program and exhibitor participation increasing revenue to support learning and conferencing events.
- Partner with planning committee and subject matter experts to manage content development and promotion
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the event’s timeline for staff, member volunteers and vendors
- Communication and Marketing (25%)
- Develops and implements organization communication and marketing plan.
- Oversees web and social media presence for both United Way of Wisconsin and Volunteer Wisconsin.
- Develops and maintain effective media contracts and vendor relationships.
- Manages internal and external project teams and vendors in order to coordinate statewide campaigns.
- Generate original content, identify communication partners, and coordinate contributors.
- Creates an analytical framework to track, test, and report on marketing communication effectiveness.
- Coordinate Statewide Member Initiatives. Currently Volunteer Wisconsin, Emergency Food and Shelter Program SSA Committee, and the Wisconsin United Way Early Childhood Coalition (25%)
- Update and maintain initiative website and content platforms
- Develop and maintain partnerships to achieve initiative goals.
- Support initiative coalitions
- Develop communication strategies
- Partner with and amplify local United Way impact
- Other Member Services (25%)
- Cultivate network relationships through electronic and face-to-face member learning opportunities and workstreams.
- Provide technical assistance, information, and referral services to members.
- Coordinate member requests for operation data including developing and administering surveys and compiling, analyzing and interpreting results.
- Partner with Operations Director to collect membership dues and other relevant revenue.
- Partner with President and CEO to support board of directors and board committees.
- Other duties as assigned, all staff members help to support disaster and crisis services when needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily.
Education: BA degree in related field preferred
Experience: Three to five years of experience in human services related fields, association management or performing similar duties
Specific Skills Needed:
- Direct and digital marketing experience
- Experience managing mid-size events (up to 400 participants).
- Experience building coalitions and supporting volunteers.
- Able to complete multiple tasks, manage projects, and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Must exhibit high degree of initiative, be self-directed and deadline driven.
- Strong creative thinking skills, and track-record of moving ideas to action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate in direct relationship with a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner.
- Proven track-record of providing customer centered service and ability to develop effective relationships.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, web-based content management systems, web-based registration and survey tools.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills