Position Title: Master Teacher
Department: Success By Six
FLSA Classification: Exempt / Salary
EEO Classification: Professional
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full Time
Summary: Master Teacher to supervise internships in pre-k classrooms to ensure that paraprofessional teachers have the necessary skills to teach pre-kindergarten students by providing coaching and training that will enhance the quality of early childhood education and child development in the classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Provide a supervised internship for paraprofessionals working in childcare centers and family childcare homes
- Oversee the day-to-day internal and external operations of the pre-kindergarten classroom
- Provide training to promote the highest level of effective teamwork, which will lead to a measurable increase in the percentage of children actively engaged in age appropriate, school readiness activities
- Provide resources as needed on an individualized basis to improve teaching skills
- Promote a positive attitude and general awareness of nationally accepted quality standard for early childhood education
- Conduct Peabody testing and report results to parents
- Collate data from pre and post evaluations of the classroom environment and teacher/child interactions
- Collate data from pre and post language assessments
- Plan and coordinate events to promote parent involvement
- Report findings to the Early Learning Coalition of Polk County and the United Way of Central Florida and collaborate on processes to increase the quality of education and child development at childcare sites
- Assist partner agencies with Peabody materials and DIME entry as requested
- Follow all organization’s policies, practices, and procedures
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups with frequent and routine intense public contact
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Proficient personal computer skills including e-mail, recordkeeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field required, Master’s Degree preferred. Must have pre-k teaching experience and a minimum five years of progressively responsible work in early childhood development and education/training, to include demonstrated teaching, training, communication, management and interpersonal skills.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Includes sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel to worksites and community based meetings.
Disaster Response:Every United Way of Central Florida employee is a disaster response worker and is expected to work any time when the Polk County Emergency Support Function (ESF) is activated. It is expected that all employees will work in their disaster response roles as assigned after they have assessed the welfare of their families and the safety of their own surroundings.
How to apply:Forward Cover letter and Resume to:email@example.com. MASTER TEACHER must be in the SUBJECT of the email or the application.