United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Marketing Strategy Director who will be responsible for developing and implementing a holistic content strategy to support UWGC’s impact and fundraising business objectives. This includes understanding organizational, community and market trends to best connect UWGC with target audiences; managing the creation of content for all UWGC communication channels; ensuring that content is relevant and compelling to UWGC’s diverse audiences. The director will set organization tone, voice and brand and ensure adherence.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Lead UWGC’s Content Strategy to Drive Impact and Fundraising Business Objectives
- Strategize, manage and create compelling and engaging content for all UWGC communication channels, including web/online, video, newsletters, direct emails, advertising, marketing collateral, social media and more.
- Manage consumer and market research to understand current fundraising and donor trends.
- Effectively leverage communication channels to drive fundraising revenue, influence consumer behavior, and grow relationships.
- Strategize and manage a compelling and engaging donor journey in collaboration with Resource Development team and ensure alignment and adherence across entire organization.
- Identify and create compelling, emotional stories that resonate, inspire and motivate engagement with UWGC.
- Lead marketing and communications for all UWGC critical products and organizational positioning in the region.
Lead UWGC Brand to Ensure a Compelling and Consistent Experience for Stakeholders
- Strategize and manage UWGC brand and ensure alignment and adherence across entire organization.
- Drive alignment of all copy and content with brand positioning of UWGC and United Way Worldwide.
- Lead in the development of all organizational campaign experiences, including marketing collateral, major-giving and individual engagement collateral.
Lead a Team of Branding and Communications Professionals and Coordinate External Supports
- Manage team of communications professionals.
- Direct and coordinate purchase and/or negotiate paid and donated media placements across multiple channels.
- Liaise with creative agencies to assist with UWGC creative and brand strategy.
- Create a collaborative environment for the Marketing Team.
- Serve on cross-functional committees and teams in support of the organization’s mission and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of editorial, content marketing, content strategy or content curation role.
- Journalism, PR/communication, agency, publishing and/or professional writing/storytelling background preferred.
- Various experiences building a brand in multiple markets, keeping in mind cultural differences across audience segments.
- Management experience, including recruiting, training and building teams, preferred.
- Superior writing and editing skills; knowledge of AP style; ability to write in a variety of styles/voices.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation and understand and manage priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
CORE COMPENTENCIES: Strong writer, Creativity, Marketing, Collaboration, Accountability to team and self
Applicants should apply by Friday, December 16, 2022, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion