Position Title: Marketing Specialist Department:Community Impact
Reports To – Director, Community Impact
FLSA Status – Exempt Classification – Full Time
Position Summary: The Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting the United Way mission and expanding the organization’s outreach through the execution of various creative and innovative marketing strategies. This position is responsible for developing and implementing promotion strategies using United Way’s social media platforms, website, e-newsletter, print materials, and other marketing tools, maintaining relationships with local media, and creating compelling content and graphics that drive the organization’s brand awareness. United Way professionals should exhibit core competencies: mission-focused, relationship-oriented, collaborator, results-driven, and brand-steward.
Duties/Responsibilities: Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Develop creative and engaging content for communication platforms such as social media, website, e-newsletter, press releases, promotional items, video and print media.
- Work effectively with other departments to achieve United Way goals and communicate to various stakeholders.
- Coordinate with other departments and outside vendors to complete marketing materials such as brochures, snapshots, and video resources.
- Coordinate United Way public relations with local media contacts.
Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Research and implement industry and United Way network best practices to improve marketing effectiveness, processes, and content.
- Review analytic reports to measure and improve success of marketing initiatives.
- Assess and review internal marketing assets and develop a proposal for needed resources.
Planning and Implementation
- Support senior management in establishing, implementing, and evaluating a strategic marketing plan.
- Implement new and existing projects and initiatives as decided within each department.
Embracing & Managing Change
- Initiating new ideas and improving efficiencies in the Community Impact department and the organization.
- Embrace a team mentality and work together with others to achieve goals.
- Participate in marketing professionals’ groups, such as FPRA.
- Actively seek out opportunities for professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Team player with the ability to work with UWVFC senior management to achieve organizational goals.
- Creative and innovative mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills needed with the ability to communicate with key stakeholders, peers, and staff.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills and digital literacy (minimum of Microsoft and Adobe software programs).
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of insured motor vehicle.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
Salary Range: $36,000 - $38,000 Annually – depending on experience.
Direct Reports - None
United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties, Inc., Daytona Beach Florida
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES - See Job description above.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - See Job description above.
EDUCATION/REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR 3 years of relevant work experience.
Desirable, But Not Required
WORK ENVIRONMENT - See Job description above.
OTHER DUTIES - See Job description above.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.