Role: Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Director, Marketing
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing a broad range of UWSEM's marketing projects including internal marketing request system and the organizational communications calendar. The ideal candidate will collaborate with cross-departmental leads to define project goals, scope, messaging needs, timeline and budget parameters. Candidate must be proactive - with a sound ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, problem solve and provide strategic/creative solutions.
- Assist the marketing team with prioritization, tracking and implementation of all marketing activities.
- Define project schedules, estimates and other marketing supports with guidance from the Director of Marketing.
- Lead project management of internal marketing request submissions from inception to completion; Responsible for financial management of project estimates and costs.
- Track and report measures of success to marketing team leadership; Generate reports including, but not limited to, marketing dashboard, campaign wrap-ups (executive summaries) and non-profit competitive tracking.
- Maintain ownership of marketing project tracking tool (Monday.com) and organizational communications calendars.
- Assist with creation of marketing campaigns/messaging that is consistent with organizational brand and positioning; ensure all creative outputs align with brand guidelines
- Develop and continuously update the 12-month production communications calendars/schedules for corporate and donor relations, volunteer engagement, advocacy and other constituent groups.
- Assist with managing the marketing team's department budget; process and submit all approved invoices to Finance for payment weekly.
- Lead/support the project management of corporate events focused on fundraising, donor stewardship and community engagement.
- Order and maintain all branded swag inventory.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
- Communicates Effectively
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Learning
- Drives for Results
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Inclusion
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Good people and customer service skills
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising or a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of project managemement experience working in a marketing or advertising organization
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
United Way for Southeastern Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the esstional functions of the job.