For more than 70 years, United Way of the Greater Baytown Area & Chambers County has tackled our community’s most difficult issues in the areas of education, financial stability and health.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all communications
- Works with team to develop and implement communications strategy and action plan
- Identifies key target audiences and effective platforms of reach and engagement.
- Develops and coordinates all written and verbal communications in multifaceted platforms.
- Tracks and reports on all efforts.
- Develops ads, press releases, articles, videos, social media and blogs.
- Functions as the main contact for media.
- Manages UWGBACC website and social media.
- Publishes newsletters to provide key information to stakeholders.
- Manages all events and initiatives to include Day of Action, Stamp Out Hunger, Day of Caring, annual events, volunteer recognition and other special initiatives.
- Identifies, secures and manages corporate sponsorship to support events and initiatives.
- Consistently creates awareness related to volunteer activity, UW initiatives, and general public awareness.
- Supports resource development team and community impact team on any external collateral including direct mail solicitations, thank you letters, presentations, campaign collateral, reports and recruitment/training of volunteers.
- Media monitoring tracking of any local UW news as well as state and national news that can have local impact. Constantly seeks opportunities to further United Way’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business, preferred. Three to five years’ experience preferred. Experience may be considered as a substitute for education.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.