Position Title: Marketing and Social Media Manager
Position Type: Full Time/Regular Position
Apply: Must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17 for first consideration. Open until filled.
Hiring Range: $45K – $55K DOE + Benefits (health, dental, vision, retirement, paid leave, and more).
Reports To: Director of Equity & Communications
Our CORE Work
Our work is called CORE: Creating Open Roads to Equity. It’s bold, innovative, and is already changing the way local nonprofits, public partners, and private businesses work to help families in our community. CORE moves whole families out of the traps of poverty through a collaborative and 2-Generational approach serving both children and the adults in their lives, together.
As a member of the Marketing, Communications, and Equity team, the marketing and social media manager develops and implements an overall marketing strategy to support engagement and fundraising goals. This position also develops and executes a social media strategy and manages United Way’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The focus for this position is on visual and engaging marketing tools with the goal of telling stories, supporting strategies to increase revenue, increasing our reach, and staying relevant with the ever-changing digital landscape. This position is also required to produce analytical results that support the success of the social media plan over time.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for young children and/or families with low-income.
- Are willing to grow in personal and professional learnings of social and racial justice.
- Demonstrate the skills, abilities, and experience needed for this role regardless of education and compensation history.
- Are inspired by our values of integrity, collaboration, innovation, equity, and outcome-oriented.
- Working with Director of Equity and Communications and Director of Philanthropy and Business Development, develop and implement a comprehensive, year-round marketing plan that supports the engagement strategy to meet fundraising goals.
- Create marketing strategies, tools, and tactics to differentiate our CORE brand, engage key donor audiences, and work to position United Way as a lead community impact organization.
- Working with Director of Equity and Communications and Director of Impact and Investments, develop an annual marketing plan to support grantmaking and the CORE Collaboratives, as needed.
- Be the primary writer for all marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, email communications, and other promotional and event pieces.
- Working with the communications and fundraising teams, develop materials for the organization. Tasks include: research, copywriting, collaborating with graphic designer, editing, and proofing.
- Develop, manage, and distribute the bi-monthly e-newsletter and lead other email campaigns for the organization. Tasks include: writing articles, conducting interviews for stories, and managing MailChimp email list.
- Track monthly e-news open rates, click rates, and analyze data to improve content and engagement.
- Write press releases about events and awards, manage media list, and distribute to media outlets.
- Maintain and manage organization’s image library.
- Take photos at special events, as requested.
- Other marketing and communications tasks as assigned by Director of Equity and Communications.
- Develop and implement an annual social media plan, setting goals to enhance the organizational brand, increase our reach, and increase engagement.
- Serve as lead writer, creating social media posts across all platforms weekly and, in most cases, multiple times per week.
- Collaborating with our graphic designer, develop images for social media posts.
- Plan, schedule, and manage all social media posts.
- Create engaging multimedia content such as videos, and/or outsource this effectively.
- Develop a mix of daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal social campaigns.
- Form and maintain key relationships with influencers across all social media platforms.
- Report monthly analytics to the Director of Equity and Communications for all social media platforms to assess trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Remain informed of what’s current, new, and next—both in the United Way network and in the digital content marketing space; this role will be responsible for curating innovative ideas to consistently elevate our brand with volunteers, donors, partners, business leaders, community members, and other diverse audiences through our digital channels.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Five to seven years related experience in marketing and/or communications management as well as social media marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective and engaging communicator both written and oral with a wide variety of diverse partners and individuals.
- Experience working with graphic designers and an understanding of content and marketing and communications materials production processes from creative concept to completion.
- Committed to improving outcomes for young children and/or families with low-income.
- Willing to grow in personal and professional learnings of social and racial justice.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Exceeds proficiency in digital platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Analytics, MailChimp, Hootsuite or other social media management tool, and other social and digital applications.
- Working knowledge of database management, content management systems, and design and web software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, After Effects, and Audition.
- Proven track-record working with social media in a professional setting.
- Top-notch editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, deadlines, and time constraints.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and community.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information to inform results.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Meet the criminal history check review standards.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, life, LTD, a flexible spending account (FSA) for health and dependent care expenses, health savings account (HSA), a generous 403(b) plan with both base and employer matching contributions, generous leave and holiday pay, 37.5-hour work week, flexible work schedule, free parking and more. If you live in Snohomish County, no need to drive in traffic to Seattle or Bellevue. If you live in north King County enjoy a reverse commute. We are located one block from Everett Transit & Train Station.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will:
- Engage in ongoing communication in-person as well as through electronic means.
- Regularly use computer laptop, tablet, keyboard, screens, webcam, desk phone and photocopier.
- Frequently sit and/or traverse throughout the office.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work in a business setting of cubicles and offices.
- Work full time (37.5 hrs./wk.), some weekends and evenings as needed.
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
United Way of Snohomish County (United Way) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, advancement, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
For more information about our CORE work go to https://www.uwsc.org