About United Way of Metropolitan Nashville
At United Way, we believe every person has the right to live, to learn and to thrive. That every dollar counts. And that even the smallest gestures can add up to big wins for our community.
We win by working together. By forging unlikely partnerships. By funding new solutions to old problems. By mobilizing resources and inspiring people to join the fight against our community’s most daunting challenges.
We are more than fundraisers. We are the game changers. The hand raisers. We are the conveners who are bringing together our businesses, our citizens, and our institutions in a way no single organization can do alone. We are leading the fight to bridge gaps and reach our neighbors who need help.
Because, united we win.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Position Objective: The Marketing Manager contributes to the efforts of United Way of Metropolitan Nashville by executing marking strategies and activities that engage community members and other stakeholders in the mission of UWMN. This position manages all marketing activities to pilot new channels of giving and community engagement and is responsible for preserving brand integrity and producing high-quality, effective marketing and advertising strategies. The position is also responsible for the coordination of all marketing projects, management of the project management software system and for providing outstanding customer service to clients and team members.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Directing and Executing UWMN Marketing
- Conceptualizes and executes innovative techniques to increase community awareness, fundraising and volunteerism through marketing and advertising efforts
- Coordinates the development and production of all internal and external marketing collateral, advertising campaigns and related marketing materials
- Works with CMO and marketing and communications teams to ensure consistent voice and brand across all UWMN communications
- Negotiates and purchases print ad placements and works collaboratively with Digital Content Specialist to support digital advertising efforts
- Serves as a key member of the UWW Digital Services and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud teams to ensure successful implementation, maintenance and effectiveness of the products
- Supports the Chief Marketing Officer in research, development and implementation of new marketing and communications initiatives, products and/or tools
- Processes submitted project request forms from internal departments to ensure requests are fulfilled and to accomplish the desired goals of those who request the project
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing, Workplace Giving and Community Impact teams to keep all marketing projects moving and ensuring all projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Is responsible for the routing and approval process of all marketing and communications projects
- Takes ownership of, and responsibility for, the organization-wide project management software/tool
- Provides weekly project management reports and communicates status reports to all parties on a timely basis
- Is attentive to project deadlines and communicates status to appropriate team members to ensure awareness of upcoming and critical deadlines
Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- In collaboration with Chief Marketing Officer, provides leadership and guidance in creating and executing marketing, advertising and development plans and project activities to ensure brand integrity and consistent organizational voice
- Responsible for performing external market/donor research through setting up focus groups and sending surveys with key stakeholders to create informed marketing strategies and allow key stakeholders to feel the partnership with UWMN
- Works with Chief Marketing Officer to develop and operate within the financial budget for the Marketing Department to help ensure the financial stability of the organization
- Processes all vendor invoices and tracks spending against budget for all marketing and communications projects
- Provides a superior level of customer service to internal and external customers, delivering high-quality products on time, within budget and with the highest level of courtesy and professionalism
- Takes initiative in working across teams and functional areas of the organization, and stays abreast of current impact work taking place within, and supported by, the organization
- Researches emerging marketing trends and applies knowledge to marketing strategies and activities to keep the image and brand of UWMN relevant which allows UWMN to reach toward its vision
- Explores and identifies marketing best practices, techniques, and advancements to ensure that products, resources, and tools from the Marketing department are the best products, resources, and tools to continue to advance UWMN’s mission and to guarantee UWMN’s standards are being maintained
- A bachelors’ degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or other related field
- A minimum of five years’ experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in marketing and project management
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Products
- Tactical use of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Understanding of printing specifications and best practices
- Marketing and communication theories, principles, trends, practices, and application
- Brand perception and positioning
- Experience with project management software like BaseCamp or ProofHub preferred
- Demonstrated ability in project management from conception to completion
- Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, bend, and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.