United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County
TITLE: Marketing Manager, Events
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Marketing
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED: EXPIRES: 8-13-2021
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 - $55,000
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place.
Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
The Marketing Manager, Events is a key member of the Marketing and Resource Development team with high quality and engagement expected output. The Marketing Manager, Events manages a broad range of special events and marketing projects and is involved in most day-to-day activities of the department. This position will assist with the flawless execution of existing events, creation of engaging new events and the marketing strategy to support all events. Ultimately, this position is responsible for helping promote United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County’s mission, vision and achievement of its strategic plan and marketing plan objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Manage the development and implementation of fundraising and organizational special events, various major donor cultivation and recognition events, and ad hoc events that capitalize on United Way’s community relationships
• The individual will be responsible for assisting with the event planning, design, and execution.
• Select and procure sites for special events
• Promote events and works to ensure that they support the overall communication strategy of the organization.
• Negotiate and manage contracts with media organizations and event venue and vendors.
• Manage budget for special events
• Develop metrics to determine success for engagement activities and events
• Work closely with Resource Development to ensure coordination of all major donor and affinity group events
• Serve as the point-of-contact to develop the logistics and execution of events
• Works closely with the Volunteer Engagement team to assist with events and opportunities as needed with a focus on Leadership Giving and affinity group engagement.
• Partner with Information Services on deployment of event information and donor lists using Andar and Marketing Cloud
• Manage annual event calendar for entire organization
• Plan out necessary communications using social media, web, mobile app and e-mail communications
• Support the Volunteer Center on key, annual volunteer events
• Work with marketing department to support the public relations action plan as needed
• Other tasks as deemed appropriate by Marketing Leadership
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Hospitality Management or related discipline
• Strong proficiency with applicable software packages including but not limited to MS Windows; MS Office, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Large event planning and execution
• Awareness of latest marketing/event trends and best practices helpful.
• Vendor relationship and management, a plus
• Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered
• Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available
• Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures
• Reliable personal transportation required
• Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
• Extended work on a PC for extended periods of time
• Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours
SPECIAL SKILLS / INFORMATION
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Professional demeanor, confident and goal-oriented
• Outgoing, self-motivated and creative
• Proven negotiation skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent team player with the ability to bring innovative ideas to the organization.
• Ability to manage, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects to completion
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
• Detail oriented with attention to detail
• Work well independently with an ability to work collaboratively with others
• Appropriately responds to constructive feedback.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of
San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
• Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal
Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org