Inland Empire United Way (IEUW) is a leading nonprofit organization devoted to strengthening the Inland Empire by investing in the lives and futures of those in need. By operating several direct service programs and collaborating with a network of strong community partners, IEUW builds brighter futures for youth and families in the areas of education, health, and financial stability. IEUW seeks talented, motivated team members who are passionate about improving our community and who are looking to be part of a dynamic team working to make EPIC changes in the Inland Empire.
The Marketing Manager will support all departments and programs throughout the organization for the purpose of marketing, communications and resource development. The goal of this position is to coordinate IEUW’s corporate communications, including but not be limited to marketing materials creation, social media, special promotions, direct mail/online solicitation, event support, graphic design, web maintenance, public relations/press relations and administrative support. This part-time, non-exempt position for fewer than 30 hours per week reports to the President & CEO.
Essential Functions 90%
- Assist with development of marketing plans for IEUW both organizationally and for specific programs, initiatives, and campaigns
- Coordinate and complete graphic design projects in alignment with United Way branding standards, including the development of brochures, displays, flyers, newsletter, event collateral, annual reports, direct mail, web pages and presentations
- Maintain and enhance IEUW website content and design to ensure up-to-date, accurate and relevant web presence (including all IEUW affiliated websites)
- Write articles and press material to publicize IEUW’s accomplishments, ongoing programs and generate additional support for public relations and media alerts
- Aid in planning and execution of special events throughout the organization
- Manage social media presence and content for the organization
- Plan and execute monthly eNewsletter, including list management and collection and creation of content
- Construct online landing pages for programs, events and special projects
- Create and execute direct mail and online solicitation campaigns targeting individual giving
- Generate rich and compelling stories to demonstrate the impact of IEUW to stakeholders
- Support CEO and Director of Development with administrative support, including processing of donor communications and thank you letters
- Work closely with CEO and Department Directors to meet goals and objectives of the organization
Secondary Functions 10%
- Support the Resource Development department by conducting annual employee, individual and management campaigns; serving as a key spokesperson and ambassador for IEUW
- Other duties as assigned by President/CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, graphic design, or similar
- Related work experience preferred; fundraising and management experience a plus
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the Windows operating system & MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic design and web development experience and skills, including experience with InDesign and HTML
- Ability to represent IEUW professionally
- Ability to work independently, coordinate with multiple project leads, manage several projects at one time, and manage time effectively
- Ability to work well with a variety of staff, volunteers, donors, and vendors
- Ability & availability to work outside traditional office hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid California driver’s license, proof of minimum required California vehicle liability insurance and a good driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, headset, copy machine and fax machine. Sedentary work requires sitting for long periods of time but may require the ability to walk, stand, stoop and squat for various periods. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required for typing and computer use. Must be able to lift/move objects up to 25 lbs.
Wage and Benefits
Wage $25.00 - $30.00 per hour, commensurate with experience. Benefits include vision, dental, medical, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, 11 paid holidays, accrued vacation and sick-leave.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls or agencies please.
“Inland Empire United Way is an equal opportunity employer. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screen and drug test results.”
THIS COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY