United Way is the largest nongovernmental funder in the Quad Cities, responsible for private investments into programs that advance equity and improve education, income and health outcomes.
The Marketing Manager supports and advances the United Way Quad Cities (UWQC) mission of mobilizing people and resources to improve lives by developing and implementing marketing tactics that deliver first-in-class experiences for our donors, stakeholders and community.
The successful Marketing Manager will proudly serve as our chief storyteller by creating supporter-centric copy for our website, monthly giving community (The Core), marketing campaigns, social media and much more. He/she loves to write authentic, persuasive and inspiring content that brings UWQC’s impact to life through their words. They will also have a deep understanding of social media and digital marketing trends.
The Marketing Manager is accountable for the following functions:
- Developing and executing creative Marketing Strategies that grows awareness and membership of The Core, our monthly subscription program.
- Leading Content Development and Storytelling efforts through user-generated content, testimonials, following story leads, and conducting interviews with a diverse pool of stakeholders, partners and service recipients.
- Partnering with resource development and impact teams to brainstorm and generate ideas that advance Brand Awareness.
- Owning the Social Media roadmap and maintaining a weekly calendar.
- Driving digital strategies, setting KPIs and provide ongoing analysis and reporting to cross-functional teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working with teams across UWQC to broaden awareness of our monthly giving program, The Core.
- Building and optimizing The Core’s lead generation strategy.
- Increasing traffic to drive monthly and one-time donations.
- Identifying prospective “Core” investor audiences and/or communities.
- Working cross-functionally to understand donor journeys and optimize the experience for audience retention and acquisition.
- Interpreting data and trends to inform a successful donor acquisition strategy and execution.
- Effectively communicating insights to identify lead generation and upsell opportunities to build and retain our Core member base.
- Guide and execute new micro-communication campaigns and overall digital implementation efforts.
Storytelling and Message Development:
- Responsible for finding and creating compelling, persuasive stories of lives improved because of UWQC work
- Collaborate with Impact and Resource Development teams to share our story on a larger scale with excellent consistency.
- Articulate UW’s impact using relevant data and trends in compelling ways that inspire action and investment.
- Work closely with internal teams to produce authentic, relevant and excellent brand assets.
Communications and Development:
- Develop and implement lifecyle [donor journey] marketing strategy that optimizes the experience for audience development, acquisition and retention.
- Creating, scheduling and managing social media across all platforms and facilitating internal planning.
- Cultivating photography and videography library for usage in digital plaforms and print collateral.
- Schedule marketing project timelines, meetings, interviews, photo and video shoots, and more.
- Monitors and updates communications project plans, action sheets, social media calendars.
- Source, develop and pitch stories, media releases, media alerts to news outlets and publications.
- Assist staff with preparation for media interviews.
Competencies for all staff:
- Relationship oriented
Competencies for Marketing Manager:
- Strategic thinker
- Great communicator
- Organized and detail oriented
- Creative and knowledgable on Digital Communication & Analysis
- Adaptable and Flexible
Education/Training: Two-plus years of experience in content development or digital marketing role with a proven track record in driving user engagement, acquisition and revenue growth.
- Experience in digital marketing role, content development, social media management, web CMS are pluses
- A grasp and ability to utilize analytics to drive successful program development
- Demonstrated ability to apply logical thought processing to problem solve and recommend solutions
- Project management skills and ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to build and manage budgets and negotiate with vendors
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation required