United Way of Dutchess-Orange Region (UWDOR)
Position Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: President/CEO United Way Dutchess Orange Region.
Date: December 2022
Under the supervision of the President/CEO, this position helps to advance the brand and positively position United Way as a philanthropic leader and trusted partner in the community. The Marketing Manager will increase awareness and visibility of UWDOR among the public, donors, advocates, and volunteers through strategic event execution and compelling content development. This position will provide creative input, help create and implement an organization-wide integrated marketing plan, collaborate with staff to ensure consistent messaging and uniformity of presentation, measure results, and adjust for continuous improvement. The successful candidate is a strong project manager with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills. They will have exceptional writing skills and be a collaborative team member.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop PR calendar
• Spokesperson for UWDOR media calls
• Draft and submit press releases, constant contacts and manage social media efforts for organizational events, trainings, funding opportunities and other key events
• Update website with relevant roto's, downloadable PDFs and content related to obtaining funding, volunteerism, professional development, Days of Sharing and other key events
• Write/produce Annual Report/ and leadership newsletters
• Write, script, manage video shoots for organizational events and produce or secure campaign video
• Prepare Community Impact/Campaign messaging/talking points/PowerPoints for staff, board, and volunteers
• Maintain and update UWDOR website, with responsibility for all RD and Cl content
• On-Site Support (interviews, photos, videos) for Community Impact initiatives
• Oversees organizational tabling opportunities
• Kick-Off Breakfast and Celebration of service- Program content, including recruiting and preparing speakers, scripts, journal design and production, PR, advertising, social media, and sponsor recognition
• Manage production of all virtual events including PowerPoint slides.
• Campaign Communications - Electronic and hard copy campaign marketing materials designed and produced
• Work with Donor Development manager on design and production of direct mail appeal, including letters, cards etc.
Marketing Communications and Production --
- Supports social media strategy through content creation, including capturing photos, filming and editing videos, and writing copy.
- Oversees printed inventory, including managing vendor relationships and working with internal staff to initiate and replenish as needed.
- Helps maintain an organized photo archive.
- Enhance UWDOR’s storytelling capacity by identifying and capturing stories with attention to content/style editing, copywriting, and design for both online and offline channels.
- Ensures all content is on-brand, consistent in style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for user experience.
- Participates as a team member in organizational activities and local community events, where applicable
- Collaborates across departments to bring projects to timely completion
- Demonstrates UWDOR’s Core Values in all internal and external interactions.
- Assist with other marketing, fundraising, and donor engagement duties as requested.
- Serve as an ambassador for United Way in the Community; including but not limited to attending organizational and relevant events
- Booking and Tracking advertising paid and in-kind
- Solicits list and designs and ensures mailing of holiday postcard
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, business, english, or related discipline, or experience equivalent
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in marketing and event management
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- A proven ability to translate complex information and concepts into accessible and persuasive content
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Must be organized and task-oriented to ensure deadlines are met
- Superior attention to detail / Ability to meticulously proofread.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Digital communications experience.
- Social media experience or experience managing business social media accounts.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience working with InDesign, Adobe, Canva and CRM preferred.
- Experience in photography and/or videography is a plus.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Applications are accepted through January 30, 2023. Please submit a cover letter (those without a cover letter will not be considered) and resume to Jeannie Montano at HRemail@example.com.