Scope of Position: Serves as a member of the Community Impact and Engagement Department developing and implementing digital tool content and reports, graphic design, and event logistics.
Essential Job Functions:
Marketing & Communications:
- Develop most graphics for collateral material and digital tools.
- Oversee United Way and Be Ready websites, including technology and strategy evolution, maintenance and support:
- Support Director of Marketing & Engagement in an effort to simplify website language and architecture to create a better user experience.
- Collaborate & execute mass email communications as well as develop content, monitor performance and manage shared platform:
- Develop analytics reporting to optimize and improve communications
- Maintain communications calendar for emails & collaborate across departments
- Manage social media channels, including strategy development & execution, content creation, and quality reporting for United Way of Larimer County and Be Ready.
- Leverage reporting to optimize and improve outreach
- Manage paid social campaigns for events and fundraising initiatives
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing & Engagement department to develop storytelling content for blog, newsletters, video, social media, fundraising collateral, etc.
- Support Resource Development in improving online fundraising presence. Assist Engagement Staff in strengthening online volunteer portal.
- Provide support in planning and implementation in fundraising events with Resource Development and Community Impact and Engagement staff.
- Includes detailed event logistics, nurturing vendor relationships, collaborating with internal and external clients, and managing events the day of.
Community Impact/Nonprofit Relationship Management:
- Hire and manage marketing interns, if applicable.
- Serve on cross-departmental groups, as applicable.
- Support Director of Marketing & Engagement as needed. Activities may include coordinating schedules, meeting attendance, correspondence, budget management and administrative support.
- Provide logistical and promotional support for large community events, including Annual Social, Make A Difference Day, and others.
- Support overall department goals for constituent engagement.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department, including volunteers, interns or AmeriCorps VISTAs.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, marketing, digital communication or related field required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years’ relevant professional experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Attention to details is a must. Candidate must strive for error-free materials and products.
- Proactive self-starter and team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in fast-paced environment.
- Quick learner and flexible team player.
- Strong technology skills, including experience managing multiple social media platforms and content management systems (CMS).
- Email marketing experience required.
- CRM database experience preferred.
- Experience planning and implementing public events.
- Able to create digital tool reports and post event reports to be shared with decision makers and stakeholders, and to optimize moving forward.
- Commitment to excellence and to United Way of Larimer County’s mission and vision.
- This job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting while working at a computer and occasional fast-paced operations and events.
- Ability to communicate orally with volunteers, customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision, and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents. No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals and copiers/printers. Good reasoning ability is important. Able to understand and utilize management reports, memos, and other documents to conduct business.
- Less than five percent of travel may be expected for this position. Travel occurs along the Colorado Front Range (i.e., Larimer County, Weld County, Denver Metro Counties, etc.).