TITLE: Marketing Manager
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Marketing EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED: 07/10/20 EXPIRES: 07/24/20
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio, TX SALARY RANGE: $45-55,000
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place.
Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting the overall marketing strategy and innovation for United Way of
San Antonio and Bexar County. You will lead the charge to develop, support and execute creative ideas that continually improve brand awareness and community engagement. The ideal candidate is someone with a good attitude, determination, goal-driven and eager to help transform and impact our community for future generations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Supports the marketing department to develop, design and execute best-in class-marketing communication and collateral materials, including digital and print
• Adapts marketing content for use on various platforms, including website, social channels, emails and print
• Supports the development and creation of promotional content for United Way, including affinity and leadership groups, Volunteer Center, Mission United, resource development, grants, the 2-1-1 helpline
• Assists in the content creation, collection and planning for digital platforms including, Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, email and website
• Maintains up-to-date internal and external marketing calendars as well as contact lists for e-newsletters
• Analyzes and reports audience information and demographics, success of social media, website interaction and email communication
• Collaborates with Impact Council and Community Engagement leads to develop strategies and tools to promote each council, using impactful stories, data and events
• Coordinates and manages website content, theme, layout, navigation and online presence to prospective donors
• Organizes and maintains photo, video, content and story libraries
• Establishes new and strengthens existing marketing vendor relationships and communications
• Collaborates with staff and management to ensure website alignment to brand strategy and organizational standards
• Works with marketing department to support the public relations action plan as needed
• Other tasks as deemed appropriate by Marketing Leadership
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, Design or related discipline
• Strong proficiency with applicable software packages including but not limited to MS Windows; MS Office, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Strong proficiency in graphic design and working with Adobe CC suite of programs, including but not limited to
Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Working knowledge with email marketing and social media management platforms, including but not limited to
Constant Contact, Social Studio, Salesforce, Formstack and MobileCause
• Proficiency in video editing and working with Adobe Rush and Adobe Rush Pro, a plus
• Vendor relationship and management, a plus
• Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered
• Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available
• Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures
• Reliable personal transportation required
• Ability to lift or move up to 20 lbs.
• Extended work on a PC for extended periods of time
• Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours
SPECIAL SKILLS / INFORMATION
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Professional demeanor, confident and goal-oriented
• Outgoing, self-motivated and creative
• Excellent team player with the ability to bring innovative ideas to the organization.
• Ability to manage, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects to completion
• Strong conceptual skills and ability to translate data effectively through graphics and design
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
• Understanding of corporate branding, layout and typography in both print and digital media
• Detail oriented with attention to detail
• Work well independently with an ability to work collaboratively with others
• Appropriately responds to constructive feedback.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of
San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
• Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
• Contact email@example.com should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal
Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org