We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community, and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can’t happen without it
STATUS: Internship for Credit Spring 2020
Marketing Projects Management Intern supports the Marketing Projects Manager with the project management functions associated with the creation of all marketing collateral and Development and Community Impact support materials. Reporting to the Marketing Projects Manager, the intern provides administrative support on all facets of work including but not limited to the development of creative work - from concept to budgeting to managing and prioritizing workloads through to production and delivery of materials. A confident and detail-oriented individual, the intern is comfortable with providing support for several projects at one time and communicating with multiple clients.
Project Plan Management
- Proactively monitor and update the status of all open projects within our Smartsheet software.
- Process all Marketing Request Forms and establish kickoff meetings and timelines.
- Develop and manage all content folders for all project plans.
- Work with copy, creative, production, and internal clients to ensure the timely flow of project-related communications before, during, and at the close of a project.
- Collect complete and accurate project information and help accurately convey job requirements and criteria to the team assigned to the project
- Provide timely reminders and follow up to ensure that the project timelines will stay on schedule.
- Track orders against department budget.
- Follow up with vendors to ensure the status and dates are being adhered to.
- Receive final invoices and ensure payments are made.
- Manage the completion of work requisitions and purchase orders
- High school diploma required; some college experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Google Office
- Willingness to learn new software required
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Strong communication, multitasking, and organizational skills a must.
- Works comfortably and communicates professionally with a diverse group of individuals.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley,
Email: Tricia Young at email@example.com
For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at www.unitedwaymassbay.org
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who
reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.