United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore is a high-performing, dynamic leader of solutions, funding and networking for the challenges of our region. We leverage talents and relationships to accomplish transformational community change. Impacting 1 in 3 neighbors annually through our four-county service area, we deliver on our mission – “To create and enhance opportunities for making a positive and lasting impact in education, financial stability and health for all.”. Please reference our agency profile for additional info.
United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore (UWLES) seeks an experienced professional for the position of Marketing & Events Coordinator.
Primary duties include:
- Develop, implement and analyze marketing strategies and campaigns, in partnership with the Development and Impact teams, to engage donors, volunteers and community partners.
- Develop and administer external print and digital communications (ie, e-blasts, quarterly newsletters, promotional materials, ads, Annual Report, etc.) to a variety of target audiences including donors, volunteers, partners, community leaders, officials, media, etc.
- Develop and manage graphics and design projects for a variety of print and digital needs, ensuring consistency of messaging and Brand Strategy Guidelines.
- Manage content, administration and analytics of social media and e-marketing platforms, and UWLES website, to increase engagement and awareness among target audiences.
- Serve as liaison with local & regional media outlets, including content and distribution of all press releases and public service announcements.
- Manage and execute signature events to meet fundraising goals, inspire engagement, and provide high quality guest experiences, including the annual Holiday Ball and other revenue based events.
- Includes all aspects of event administration, including but not limited to: planning/executing event logistics; managing vendors, volunteers, committees and/or staff; event software management; photography as needed; event promotion; sponsor/donor outreach & recognition; and budget/event analysis.
- Support for external fundraising events with community partners as needed.
- Provide support for outreach & recognition events as needed.
- Support community outreach, campaign/donor development, community impact and operations as needed, in support of overall United Way mission.
Minimum Qualifications include (see below for submission requirements):
- Positive and friendly interpersonal and customer service skills, with dedication and passion for serving the community.
- Excellent oral, written and public speaking skills.
- Adaptable to dynamic work environment with strong multi-tasking & prioritizing skills.
- Advanced computer skills and high proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Proven expertise in web design, graphic design and social media using current technology platforms. Project examples required with resume submission (see below).
- Strong technical skills, with ability to master new database and web based platforms.
- Experience with medium to large scale event planning and implementation required.
- 3 years of marketing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with concentration in marketing or communications preferred.
- Physical needs of position may include extended periods of sitting or standing, lifting boxes or other materials of approximately 30 pounds.
- Use of own vehicle in performance of duties is required.
- Please note this position has occasional night and/or weekend commitments to represent UWLES at events and outreach opportunities.
UWLES' Guiding Core Values:
The following are guiding core values that define who we are, what we believe and how we behave. It is a blend of who we are today and who we are striving to become: a community leader, collaborative partner, and solutions provider.
Caring: We are dedicated to people helping people. We care deeply about the individual lives that are impacted for good with the help of United Way. We care about improving the overall quality of life in the communities we serve. Our United Way stands for opening doors that result in improved Education, Financial Stability and Health.
Inspiring: Our style of leadership is to encourage and motivate. We work to inspire our partners, agencies, and donors by our spirit and actions. Our aim is to shepherd and empower them.
Innovative: We are a leader and catalyst for change in the business of caring. We think out of the box to bring greater impact and solve community problems.
Approachable: We value the importance of being accessible and compassionate to all those we serve. Our unique understanding of the local community helps us build lasting relationships. We believe great results come from working together.
Trustworthy: Our United Way sets high standards for its conduct. We must always be above reproach. The contributions that donors and volunteers make through United Way are investments in their communities. They trust us to be effective, efficient and good stewards of these investments.
Dynamic: United Way is energetic and passionate. We vigorously pursue building stronger communities. We are vital and resolute – a positive force for change.
Candidates who share our values, commitment to community and have a proven dedication to teamwork are encouraged to apply. We look forward to learning more about you!
To apply, please include: cover letter, resume, expected salary consideration, and a minimum of 3 examples of your original design work. Applications accepted online only.