United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore (UWLES) seeks an experienced professional for Marketing & Events Coordinator.
This team member is responsible for marketing, communications, social media, and event management to inform the community about UWLES and inspire opportunities to engage as donors, volunteers, advocates and partners. This person works closely with staff, volunteers and vendors to advance our fundraising and impact goals. The successful candidate must be an effective and positive communicator, able to manage concurrent projects and offer creative solutions.
Candidates who share our values, commitment to community and dedication to team success are encouraged to apply – we look forward to learning more about you! Please include a current resume, cover letter with requested salary, and a minimum of 3 design project samples. Submit online or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary duties include:
- Develop, implement, and analyze marketing strategies and campaigns to engage various audiences.
- Develop and execute print and digital communications for a variety of target audiences.
- Develop and manage graphics and design projects, ensuring consistency of messaging and branding guidelines.
- Develop content, administer, and track analytics for social media platforms with team; follow best practices to maximize social media reach and engagement.
- Manage content of e-marketing/fundraising platforms to increase engagement and awareness.
- Manage content, analytics, and vendor support for UWLES website.
- Facilitate advertising, press releases and media partnerships.
- Manage and execute in person, virtual or hybrid fundraising events (i.e., annual Holiday Ball, Golf Tournament, etc.) to meet revenue goals, inspire engagement and provide high quality guest experiences.
- Facilitate event planning such as: logistics, vendors, volunteers, committee/staff tasks, digital platform, materials & promotion, sponsor/donor outreach & recognition, and budget/event analysis.
- Support for external fundraising events with community partners as needed.
- Provide team support for outreach & recognition events as needed.
- Support community outreach, campaign/donor development, community impact and operations as needed to fulfill United Way’s mission and goals.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Ability to work in a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a community-centered philosophy.
- Professional, positive and friendly interpersonal and customer service skills. Commitment to equality, kindness, integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable with strong multi-tasking & prioritizing skills.
- Able to work both independently and with teams of staff and volunteers.
- Advanced computer skills required: high proficiency with all Adobe design and Microsoft Office products; ability to master database and web-based platforms; expertise in web design (Drupal preferred), and graphic design.
- Experience with social media management and knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
- Experience with medium to large scale event planning and implementation.
- 3 years of marketing or related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with concentration in marketing or communications preferred.
- Physical needs of position may include extended periods of sitting or standing and lifting items up to 30 pounds.Use of own vehicle in performance of duties will be needed.
- Availability to occasionally work outside regular working hours or on weekends as necessary.
UWLES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be available for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
UWLES is a high-performing nonprofit leader of solutions, funding and networking for the challenges of our region. We leverage talents and relationships to drive community change. Impacting 1 in 3 neighbors annually in our four-county service area, UWLES harnesses the power of our community to advance health, education and financial stability for all neighbors. Please reference our agency profile or visit www.uwles.org for additional information.