Located on the Georgia/South Carolina border, the city Augusta is the center point of the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA), a 13-county region that includes both Georgia and South Carolina. Augusta borders the majestic Savannah River, which supports the community’s diverse economic endeavors well as its vast recreation options.
In addition Augusta:
Is home to The Masters Tournament, the “Super Bowl of Golf” each year since1934 http://www.masters.com/index.html
Has become recognized as one of the top cities in the world for Cyber Security (http://fortune.com/2017/04/06/cyber-security-cities/) Was just recognized as the South’s top honor as the best “Mid-Market of the Year” in 2017 http://www.augustatomorrow.com/augusta-named-the-souths-1-mid-market-of-the-year-for2017/. Has a total population (MSA) of 550,000, with 200,000 people residing in the City of Augusta.
Is a short 2 to 3 hour car trip to metro cities of Atlanta and Charlotte, the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, and the beaches of Charleston and Savannah.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the President and CEO, this position is responsible for the implementation and evolution of all marketing communications, content creation, promoting and planning of organization-hosted special events, and usage of technology systems to cultivate and expand United Way’s presence and role in the community.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Develop and implement tactical communication and marketing plan with materials that meet the organization’s overall objective while maintaining brand guidelines.
Coordinate public relations and media communications between the President and CEO, organization, and our community.
Plan, promote, and lead organization-hosted special events such as the annual Campaign Celebration and campaign Kick-off, Project Serve and Stuff the Bus.
Digital and print media oversight for both internal and external customers.
Create and maintain a strong online presence with the use of social media and digital marketing strategies that promote UWCSRA’s mission and benefit.
Provide oversight of print collateral such as annual reports, advertisements, brochures, pledge forms and flyers.
Develop, design, create, and manage digital collateral including website, social media content, digital advertisements, e-newsletters, and videos.
Execute new technology strategies and giving platforms such as Mobile Cause as needed to expand donor base and provide alternatives to traditional methods of giving.
Perform all other duties necessary for the successful operation of the organization.
Combination of education and experience normally represented by an associate’s degree in a related field or at least five years of progressive, job related experience in corporate communications, marketing, sales, and/or special events.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.