Title: Marketing Director
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications
Organization Overview: United Way of Anchorage mobilizes the community to make lasting, measurable changes in community conditions that improve lives. We have adopted a unique approach to community problem-solving called collective impact which allows us to directly engage with communities. Our workplace is fast-paced, collaborative, and adaptive.
Position Overview: Director of Marketing is a strategic thinker, can balance multiple projects, is eager to put the wheels in motion to get things done, and can deliver against a variety of goals and deadlines. The position is responsible for all UWA Marketing activities in collaboration with the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications, including branding and identity management, digital marketing, creating content, developing compelling communication assets, design, maintaining UWA’s website, public relations efforts, and more.
Essential Functions/Roles & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop and implement multi-faceted marketing efforts for multiple audiences to drive revenue and enhance relationships and engagement with UWA.
- Understand, integrate, and implement consumer segmentation strategies across all marketing plans.
- Ensure key message alignment across all marketing efforts (paid, owned, and earned strategies) to support a comprehensive integrated marketing approach.
- Ensure consistent brand-aligned presentation of UWA, both internally and externally.
- Produce compelling stories, write powerful copy, and help direct design and layout with design resources.
- Develop and manage electronic and print production of a variety of marketing pieces including campaign materials, program brochures, newsletters, annual report, etc.
- Manage all online marketing and fundraising campaigns from start to finish, including planning, testing, leveraging integration, evaluating, benchmarking, and reporting.
- Manage websites (UWA, 90by2020, Free Tax Prep), drive traffic, and improve visitors experience by refining content, functionality, and engagement to support the needs of multiple types of end-users.
- Perform website content analyses, optimize copy and landing pages for organic SEO success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Suite
- Work with internal teams to produce event marketing strategies and collateral including, but not limited to advertising, promotional materials, presentations, signage, event collateral.
- Manage the Advertising budget.
- Ensure that UWA’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is illustrated and reinforced in and across all messaging.
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Marketing/Communications and/or four to seven years of experience in a lead marketing role.
- Proven success in managing multi-faceted, marketing campaigns, demonstrating ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the accuracy of work based on performance.
- Must have extensive writing and editing experience.
- Demonstrated ability in creative writing and storytelling.
- Experience with digital marketing strategies and platforms including troubleshooting issues and optimizing tactics.
- Hands-on professional experience in traditional and digital media advertising from planning to placement.
- Superior organizational skills - must be able to prioritize effectively, project-manage, meet deadlines, and know when to communicate to supervisor when issues arise.
- Experience assessing and using market research.
- Deep understanding of industry trends, emerging challenges and opportunities, channels, or tactics.
- A commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a cross-departmental liaison effectively and collaboratively.
- Develop, recommend, and monitor budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, including the ability to establish cooperative working relationships with various teams.
- Self-motivated with a solutions-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Passionate about and comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Bilingual a plus
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
To Apply: Please send your resume and letter of interest to Kayla Green, Director of People & Culture: email@example.com.
Position open until filled.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.