Job Title: Marketing Director
Classification: Full-time / Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Position Summary: To effectively manage the messaging, image and brand for all aspects of United Way’s operations. The Marketing Director will manage a broad range of projects – generating marketing and communications materials, managing online and social media content, maintain the agency’s website, manage all media relationships, and coordinate several special events.
- Lead efforts to broaden audience and donor base and increase public awareness and engagement in our work.
- Develop a three-year rolling strategic marketing/communication plan to: broaden audience and donor base, increase awareness of United Way’s community impact agenda and expand awareness of United Way’s community leadership, maintain year-round communication with our constituents.
- Develop marketing strategies, create all messaging, collateral material, social media, etc. working collaboratively with staff and Marketing Committee.
- Develop and manage online communications, social media strategy and website content.
- Develop/maintain all media relationships.
- Plan and implement events.
Expanded Job Description and Responsibilities:
Development & Management of External/Internal Marketing Collateral and Messaging
- Brand Consistency: Research and implement United Way best practices to ensure brand compliance and consistency across Treasure Coast media markets, collaborating (as needed) in regional or statewide marketing initiatives.
- Messaging: Develop strategic and consistent messages across all distribution platforms.
- Design: Research and implement best design practices across all platforms.
- Production: Manage all internal and external printing of marketing collateral with special emphasis on budgetary considerations.
- Funded Partners: Work with Funded and Community Partners to convey a consistent, collaborative, and supportive United Way message.
- Plan, execute and/or assist with special events (i.e., Campaign Kickoff, Thank You, Community Leaders Breakfast, Donor Recognition events, Jackie Robinson Celebration Game, Day of Caring) and other stakeholder engagement activities in conjunction with resource development team and other staff members and volunteers.
- Development of talking points, event scripts, event communications and presentations, media packets and photo shoots.
Earned & Paid Media Management
- Develop plans and implement media outreach around United Way events, announcements and results.
- Draft organizational news releases, media advisories, web updates and online posts.
- Grow and strengthen relationship with traditional and new media journalists by increasing perception of United Way as a valuable, reliable, quick-to-respond, and insightful source.
- Measure effectiveness of media relations efforts through placement numbers and content analysis.
- Work with resource development team, campaign co-chairs and marketing volunteers to develop advertising campaigns, secure pro-bono placements, measure impact and recognize media donors in a reasonable timeframe.
- Manage in-house photos and videos and coordinate outside photo shoots.
Online Communications & Social Media Strategy
- Oversee content development for web and social media channels.
- Assess the effectiveness of existing website content, architecture, navigation, interactivity, design, use of new and social media, and overall quality.
- Work with staff and volunteer leadership to set overall web and social media strategy as it relates to marketing goals (consistency of message and design).
- Identify the digital communication tools that would advance our strategic goals and champion their adoption throughout the organization.
- Evolve social media policy, strategy and integration into communication efforts.
- Grow inbound marketing based on quality keyword-rich content creation and search engine optimization.
- Measure effectiveness of online communications and social media strategies through set metrics, including growth in numbers of visitors, inbound links, and time spent on sites.
- Staff and utilize volunteer Marketing Committee.
- Participate in organizations and activities in the local community to build positive relationships on behalf of United Way.
- Provide staff support for assigned Citizen's Review Panel(s) as part of the Community Investment process.
- Work closely with Finance Director to prepare and manage annual marketing budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- 3 years nonprofit experience in marketing and communications preferred.
Desirable Skills and Qualities:
- Proficiency required in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and MS Office.
- Exceptional communicator with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision within defined guidelines and goals.
- Have a passion for United Way’s mission and the ability to articulate it.
- Creative and innovative.
- Presents a high degree of maturity, reliability and self-confidence.