11/08/2021 - 11/07/2022
Help northern Nevada's children read! The Marketing Coordinator VISTA’s efforts will raise public awareness on the importance of early childhood literacy with United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra (UWNNS). This includes enhancing the scope of UWNNS media and outreach materials, capabilities, and volunteer opportunities.
- Support and collaborate with UWNNS staff to increase marketing and outreach capabilities.
- Generate content for use in UWNNS outreach, such as website text, newsletter features, promotional handouts, and social media captions.
- Grow the available volunteer opportunities offered by UWNNS and with identified partner organizations.
- Build upon and improve UWNNS volunteer training resources, capabilities, and documentation processes.
- Refine and implement a system to record and report the quantifiable results of all volunteer activities and achievements.
AmeriCorps VISTA: AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program through the Corporation for National and Community Service, which more information can be found here. VISTA members serve full time for a one-year service term and receive:
- Upon successful completion of service, choice of a Segal Education Award ($6,345.00 for education expenses) or an end of service cash stipend ($1,800.00).
- Modest living allowance of approximately $15,001.00
- If you are moving beyond 50 miles from your home of residence to the service location, a settling-in allowance of approximately $750 and a mileage-based relocation allowance.
- Upon successful completion of service, one year of Non-Competitive Eligibility status for federal jobs.
- Health benefits during service.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Organized and adaptable.
- Video/Photography skills and/or Bilingual a plus.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and willing to undergo a background check.
- Vehicle recommended.