United Way of El Paso County is committed to improving the lives and futures of all people in the community. We bring together expertise, funding and volunteer support to positively impact education, health, basic needs, and financial stability. In partnership with others, we work to eliminate inequities experienced by diverse populations so that all people have a safe, healthy home environment, achieve their educational potential, and increase their financial stability. We commit to building bridges across cultural, racial, religious, and economic boundaries.
The Marketing Coordinator contributes to the achievement of United Way’s mission and vision through development and implementation of communications strategies and outreach services for the Healthy Kids Initiative. The goals of the initiative are to improve a range of health outcomes by engaging disconnected youth in the Paso del Norte Region in high-quality programs during out-of-school hours and provide the Health Foundation and community with an opportunity to learn more about youth and young adults who are disconnected from school and employment.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing Coordinator supports the Healthy Kids Program Director as well as the Vice President of Marketing and Communications by developing and fulfilling the duties of a comprehensive online marketing plan.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing and Communication
- Manage initiative’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant platforms
- Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Create dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Support a broad variety of marketing and communications projects and any related initiatives and strategies, with an emphasis on copy (e.g., print materials, newsletter, print advertising, website, Opinion Editorials, public service announcements, etc.), and graphic design
- Assist in maintaining a strong online presence through website(s) including blog and evaluating search engine optimization and search engine marketing
- Coordinate media relations and maintain strong relationships with broadcast and print media
- Assist in multimedia production
- As needed, serve as agency photographer/videographer and maintain media library
- Support website design and maintenance
- Assist and/or write scripts for media interviews and special events.
Stay current on marketing, social, economic and political trends that may have an effect on the initiative and United Way of El Paso County and make recommendations to enhance our image based on those trends.
Be part of the support team during special event(s).
External media and marketing contacts are critical to success. The Marketing Coordinator will focus on developing and maintaining relationships with vital volunteers and stakeholders. Internal relationships involve executive leadership within the organization. Lead staff and volunteer teams.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work effectively with other teams at United Way to provide appropriate support and value to partners. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
- Foster creative thinking and facilitate future partnerships within corporate accounts.
- Attend key community events and activities as a way to promote United Way of El Paso County’s mission, vision and core values becoming a defined community ambassador for United Way.
- Cultivate community support for United Way by maintaining contacts with local organizations, businesses and individuals.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Experience working in collaborative environments and cross functionally to achieve goals.
- Strong project management, process improvement, or other applicable experience.
- Strong analytical skills using data to support decisions.
- Problem-solver and self-starter who initiates solutions; collaborates and negotiates effectively with team members, partners, and stakeholders. Strong ability to distill and communicate complex issues and concepts to others.
- Strong communicator focused on building relationships and leveraging partnerships to advance priorities and initiatives.
- Personal attributes of honesty, integrity, professional behavior, tact, sense of urgency, and sense of humor.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Intermediate knowledge of social media and website management platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Wix; Intermediate knowledge of virtual meeting platforms i.e. Zoom, GoTo Meeting, FaceBook Live, Microsoft Teams; Intermediate knowledge of case management software and workflow.
- Equity Mindset
- Network Mindset
- Learning Mindset
- Think Strategically
Applies appropriate strategic logic to decisions and initiatives. Identifies efforts that will have the greatest strategic impact.
- Promote Collaboration
Fosters a sense of teamwork, leverages differences, and facilitates the effective interaction and contribution of others to achieve goals.
- Engage and Inspire
Articulates and inspires commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Inspire Trust
Gains the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership and sound business ethics.
Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation.
- Focus on Community
Ensures the delivery of exceptional service and value to the communities we serve.
Core Competencies for all UWEPC Staff
- Mission Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before processes and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement
- Results Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good: creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
QUALIFICATIONS—KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field.
At least two years of relevant work experience is preferred. Staff person must possess the ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple marketing communications projects. Experience in copywriting; graphic design and layout; and brandmark (logo) development is required.
Knowledge of the non-profit sector is a plus as well as some experience in the health and human services and/or education sectors.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, WIX, Drupal 7, and Constant Contact is required.
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills; and strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple projects.
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong Knowledge of social media and search engine optimization strategies for the Center’s online presence.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram.
- Must have experience with capturing and editing photos and video
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Bilingual in English/Spanish is required.
Valid Texas or New Mexico driver’s license, insurance and vehicle required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.