Purpose of Position
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will support our social media, website, email marketing, and other marketing projects both digital and print. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for understanding the needs and documenting the requirements of each project, prioritizing delivery dates and successfully completing each project on time.
The incumbent will assist and report to the Associate Director, Digital Marketing to help build a strong brand image within the community. The candidate will effectively manage social media, promotional, and other marketing activities of the organization. This position will work with multiple vendors, collaborate with internal teams, and work independently and with consultants to bring projects to completion meeting deadlines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Social media marketing:
Write copy, create visuals (static images, video slideshows, video clips), schedule posts, monitors conversations and reactions, and engage with our social media audience. Cover live events as needed. Execute a results-driven social media strategy. Provide social media KPIs reports. Experience with professional social media posting and scheduler tools preferred.
- Website updates:
Support organization websites updates as needed. Experience with WordPress a must.
- Email marketing:
Create newsletter and eblast campaigns as needed. Experience with Mailchimp a must.
- Graphic design:
Create and edit graphics for social media, web, eblasts, and marketing collaterals both digital and print.
- Support and manage the production of marketing projects by working closely with different vendors as needed.
- Responsible for communicating changes to project timelines/scope/budget as appropriate.
- Update own projects status on marketing project traffic tool.
- Create marketing reports as assigned.
- Ensure brand consistency. Be the gate keeper of our visual identity.
- Attention to detail with an eye for “excellence” (seriously, if attention to detail does not come naturally to you, this position is not the best fit)
- Highly organized
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to new priorities and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills preferred.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including internal and external
- Experience with Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and tools like Google Docs, Google Sheets or similar.
- Experience with Canva a must.
- Experience with digital and traditional advertising a plus.
- Experience with basic HTML a plus
- Experience with video editing a plus
- 2+ years of project management experience with a proven track record of success completing digital & print marketing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Agency experience a plus
- Be always available on Microsoft Teams during business hours for chat, voice, and video calls with colleagues.
- A hybrid working schedule; 3 days in-office, 2 days remote.
- Reacts well under pressure
- Treats others with respect
- Responsible for own actions
- Follows through on commitments
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Commensurate with experience, education, and market $22 – $32 per hour.
- Competitive benefits
Physical demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to actively listen and communicate clearly. The employee is required to stand and publically speak. The employee is required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and lift files and reports is required. Employee must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
Send Resumes To:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614