United Way of Greater Attleboro/Taunton, Inc. (UWGAT) seeks a dynamic marketing professional to bring the story of impact to our donors and constituents. The ideal candidate will be social media savvy and enjoy working both behind the scenes and up-close and in-person with the public. This eclectic position allows for a broad range of experiences - marketing & communications, volunteer engagement, event planning and fundraising - all while helping to fulfill the mission of uniting the power of communities to advance the common good.
Position Title: Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator (Volunteer Engagement)
Reports to: President & CEO
Essential Functional Responsibilities:
- Creates a powerful United Way brand experience for all individuals and donors with a customer service and inclusive approach.
- Communicates effectively and passionately to raise awareness and inspire others to act in service to UWGAT and the community.
- Builds relationships with key audiences to position UWGAT as the leader for community impact.
- Clearly communicates United Way’s value proposition to elicit a favorable reaction and increase engagement of donors and the community.
- Facilitates alignment with Resource Development and Community Impact teams to produce, package and promote impact products.
- Acts with customer in mind to create marketing strategies designed to grow financial resources.
- Adopts and integrates leading edge digital and media technologies that ensure visibility and engagement of a wide variety of constituents.
- Masterful story teller and skilled communicator using multiple platforms to reach diverse audience in a manner that inspires action.
- Brand and promote UWGAT strategies to create positive sentiment and increase awareness.
- Outward-focused, proactive and able to identify important current and future trends in business, politics, and non-profit sector utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to guide marketing strategy development.
- Facilitates effective meetings, conversations, brain storming and ideation.
- Embraces, manages, and adapts to change in support of marketing and communication initiatives and fosters innovation to gain results.
Essential/Primary Responsibilities/Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate across departments to produce and post compelling content for the organization’s website to ensure that the site makes it easy for visitors to give, advocate, or volunteer in support of UWGAT’s community impact goals.
- Provide strategy and content for core UWGAT communications including eNewsletters, social media, and the website ensuring the consistency of voice. Promote the use of key messages in all published pieces.
- Manage UWGAT’s social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and any other social media platforms deemed relevant.
- Establish effective benchmarks for measuring impact of online and social media programs including but not limited to e News lists, Facebook likes/comments, Twitter followers, etc. Track, analyze and create reports on the effectiveness of tools and audiences engaged.
- Develop, implement, and create internal and external marketing strategies to translate complex community challenges and UWGAT solutions into reliable and compelling messages to help connect stakeholders with UWGAT’s mission through:
- press releases/statements regarding UWGAT’s position on community issues
- thank you/solicitation letters, and other miscellaneous correspondence.
- Creating and designing marketing materials including: Annual Report, flyers, brochures, posters, invitations, advertisements, banners, direct mail solicitation, and other promotional materials for campaign and community impact.
- Ensure compliance with United Way Worldwide marketing and branding standards.
- Generate year-round media coverage and awareness of UWGAT and its activities utilizing written and visual communications.
- Organize and manage UWGAT special events with Executive Assistant:
- Annual Golf Tournament, Annual Celebration, Live United Week, etc.
- Attend local community events for networking as needed.
- Attend conferences and trainings for skilled development as needed.
- Participate in and oversee special projects and other duties as determined by the President.
- Organize, manage, and collect volunteer data for Days of Caring, Day of Action and other events and/or programs connecting UWGAT companies to the community including recruitment of volunteers. This also includes but is not limited to Community Day Events and other corporate volunteer events
- Manage existing and new relationships with businesses and organizations supporting UWGAT through workplace campaigns. Make corporate calls and presentations to employee groups.
Essential competencies for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- General Marketing Acumen – The Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator takes a strategic, long-range view; sees the big picture; and identifies with the wants and needs of UWGAT’s diverse stakeholders (donors, volunteers, advocates, community partners, news media, and others). Utilizes integrated storytelling techniques to tell the UWGAT story, share key messages, and engage and influence key stakeholders in a compelling and influential manner.
- Product Management – The ability to brand and promote UWGAT strategy to support the mission by using the product management process to frame and package “community building strategies” into products. The ability to package products to be attractive, appealing, and “sellable” to increase engagement and commitment of current and new supporters and donors.
- Create Brand Experience for Everyone (individuals, donors, partners) – The ability to bring the United Way brand to life and enable everyone who interacts with United Way to experience the power of our mission. Ability to recognize and act on the needs of external and internal customers. Focuses on building sustainable relationships with donors through a brand experience designed to create positive sentiment and behavior change – to increase brand commitment.
- Effective and Engaging Communicator – An effective and passionate communicator, articulating the United Way message in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community. Designs, shapes and executes a multi-faceted donor and stakeholder plan that supports the organization’s strategy and objectives; builds relationships with key audiences and works to position UWGAT as a leader in community impact through our unique brand strategy.
- Embracing and Managing Change – Champions and facilitates change to ensure long-term sustainability. Adapts successfully to changing needs while maintaining positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- College Degree in Communications and Marketing or related field
- Experience in sales, fundraising and resource development preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and be part of a team
- Ability to create and implement systems for the department.
- Ability to work independently, take direction and show initiative
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, Andar or other CRM software preferred
- Must possess valid driver’s license, proof of car insurance reflecting $100,000/$300,000 coverage of part 5 Optional Bodily Injury to others Coverage and means of transportation.
This individual must be able to meet the above qualifications and perform the primary responsibilities of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.